Author Topic: Samuel Stapleton 1773-1826 and son William Stapleton B1819 possibly KENT,England  (Read 630 times)

Offline ferndale

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi All,
I am looking for the birth of Samuel and William (son) Stapleton.  My latest lead suggests Kent, but by no means certain.  Can we trust the words of a fraudulant insolvent on his way to Bathurst Jail in 1842.
Samuel M Lucy Napper in 1809 at St Bride.
4 children from 1816 to 1823.  I think there could be more.  Long gap between 1809 and 1916.
Wm B 1819 christened at St Martin in the Fields, and died in Melbourne, Victoria Australia in 1867.

-----------------------
arrival: schooner " Success"
   Source
Master: Bainbridge cja: 334
Rigging: schooner  cja: 334
Weight: 82  cja: 334
Origin: 26th Dec 1838 Port Phillip cja: 334
Destination: 2nd Jan 1839 Sydney cja: 334

NB Origin of the "Success" is Port Phillip not UK as I had hoped.

Any info at all would be appreciated.  many thanks. Dale

PS Mother  Lucy (nee Napper) Stapleton died in 1833. So neither parents are on 1841 Census and Wm is in Australia by 1839.  He Married Sarah Leonard in March 1840 in Bathurst, Australia
BOYCE/PEAR, CHAMBERLAIN/SPENCER, FULLELOVE, NOTTS/LEICS/DERBY AREA
MULLER, SCHMIDT KNOLL, MOHR, WAHRY, OTTO, SCHULZ, AHNER SCHIEFELBEIN, HURLSTONE, VANSTONE,EASTERBROOK, BRANDENBERG, KRIESCH,
AUST/GERMANY/PRUSSIA AREAS
STAPLETON, NSW,VIC,SA,QLD/UK
McAULIFFE,COUNTY CORK/AUST
ACHILLES, BRAUNSCHWING/BRUNSWICK/ IRELAND
FENNER,ELLIS, HALPIN, IRELAND

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
 There is a death recorded at St James Pentonville of a Samuel Stapleton buried 5 March 1826.

I noticed at the baptism for Lucy he is a silver ware drawer, and for Mary Ann, a trimming worker.
His marriage to Lucy Napper one witness is Thomas Bradley, is he a relative?
The other witness John Wightman signs many so probably the parish clerk.

A will on ancestry of Samuel Stapleton probated 10 April 1826 of St James Clerkenwell, of St John Street Road a Corn Chandler.
This may not be your ancestor however he mentions 20 pounds to daughter Ann, five pounds to daughter Mary Ann and son Samuel.
Executors are Thomas Laurie a Grocer of Islington, and George Wells, Victualler of Islington.