Author Topic: Edward Readman emigration 1815  (Read 5894 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Readman emigration 1815
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 02 April 16 21:55 BST (UK) »

Don't take this wrong way but he will find more than on here.

Jane

You posted your message on the USA board so therefore it seemed as if it was the USA you were referring to.

If you thought it would be a controversial, why write it  ???

Only you could say "Don't take this wrong way but he will find more than on here"

That is a very hurtful, wounding and spiteful thing for you to say after all the help you have been given on here.  Many, many people have spent hours helping you but once again you have shown your true colours.

Keep turning the other cheek and getting slapped again - Really disappointed and angry.  >:( >:(

I do hope everyone takes your comments on board.

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 02 April 16 22:05 BST (UK) »
I'm sorry Jane, but I feel the same as Sandra and feel quite hurt. We have given lots of time to help you in the past, only to be put down by the phrase "Don't take this wrong way but he will find more than on here"

It is your right to go down that route if that is what you want, but as you obviously think so little about our competence, I will think twice before offering any more help.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 02 April 16 22:11 BST (UK) »
What a way to put us all down!
Why have you asked for help today on Rootschat when you have already employed a genealogist who can 'find more than on here' ?
Hopefully when you showed him your research you gave credit to the many rootschatters who have helped you?
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Greensleeves

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 02 April 16 22:13 BST (UK) »
I think the joy of RC is that we share our information - generally we don't just take, we try to help others as well. 

On behalf of all those dedicated RCers who spend hours and hours helping the rest of us, I do feel rather disappointed to read your comment 'Don't take this wrong way but he will find more than on here'.  But then if you feel dissatisfied with the huge amount of help you have received on RC (I may not have always commented, but do follow threads) then perhaps you are best to employ someone who you can  have under your control.  I foresee though that if you aren't happy with what our superb and gifted  RC researchers can do for you, you will also be disappointed with what a 'professional genealogist' can offer.  You will be paying so you can call the tune,  but I think after your hurtful comments,  you might find in future that researchers on here feel a little reluctant to come to your aid.
Suffolk: Pearl(e),  Garnham, Southgate, Blo(o)mfield,Grimwood/Grimwade,Josselyn/Gosling
Durham/Yorkshire: Sedgwick/Sidgwick, Shadforth
Ireland: Davis
Norway: Torreson/Torsen/Torrison

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad - 9 times Mayor of Arundel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 02 April 16 22:15 BST (UK) »

Don't take this wrong way but he will find more than on here.

Jane

You posted your message on the USA board so therefore it seemed as if it was the USA you were referring to.

If you thought it would be a controversial, why write it  ???

Only you could say "Don't take this wrong way but he will find more than on here"

That is a very hurtful, wounding and spiteful thing for you to say after all the help you have been given on here.  Many, many people have spent hours helping you but once again you have shown your true colours.

Keep turning the other cheek and getting slapped again - Really disappointed and angry.  >:( >:(

I do hope everyone takes your comments on board.

Sandra

No you have it all wrong. Yes I did post on U S board as I was trying to find out about Edward Readman. The controversial bit w as when I mentioned hiring a genealogist.

I have always appreciated all the help you and others have given, but I reached a stage in my research where I needed one to one help, from someone who could see my research and help me that way.

I can assure everyone I was not being spiteful, far from it, I appreciate everything everyone does for me. And always say so.

May be you are  being spiteful, this is not the first time! Your comment to me is also hurtful, but that is OK is it? You can dish it out and I have to take it. Jane is always the Bad guy.

All i can say is  I really meant nothing bad in what I said and am sorry that it was misunderstood.

Redman, Jupp, Brockhurst of West Sussex
Moore County Down. Redman of Posey, Indiana, USA Emigrated 1820

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad - 9 times Mayor of Arundel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 02 April 16 22:18 BST (UK) »
Ok. No more Jane on Rootschat. Once again I am defeated. I do thank you all for  help.

What more can I say.

GOODBYE ROOTS CHAT.
Redman, Jupp, Brockhurst of West Sussex
Moore County Down. Redman of Posey, Indiana, USA Emigrated 1820

Offline artisann

• RootsChat Veteran
  • For all the help I have received ..
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 02 April 16 22:25 BST (UK) »
Just want to say that all the help I have received on here has been brilliant so informative, I would never have got a far as I have in my research without the help of Sandra and others like her , always a reply form someone...people have gone out of the their way in helping others....just a shame to see a comment like that.
Please RC ....carry on doing a fantastic job...we need you !

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 02 April 16 22:33 BST (UK) »
May be you are  being spiteful, this is not the first time! Your comment to me is also hurtful, but that is OK is it? You can dish it out and I have to take it. Jane is always the Bad guy.

I think Jane, if you read the way you phrased your post you will see why we are all so hurt, especially Sandra, who I know has given you a lot of help. If you put something like that you must expect a response and there is no point trying to turn the blame back onto Sandra. I really am hurt and disappointed in your reply.

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 02 April 16 22:33 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D ;D

Oh well,what else is new. ::) ::)

Maureen

PS Sandra rocks