Author Topic: Woodgrange Park Cemetary  (Read 6099 times)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Re: Woodgrange Park Cemetary
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 07 April 16 18:47 BST (UK) »
Thanks Dawn, much appreciated.

We're not really bothered about 19 years time, would just be nice to see if we can perhaps delay the reuse now as it was taken out on a 100 year lease.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Betty19

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 07 April 16 20:51 BST (UK) »
My Great Nan was in the cheap seats, last one in a communal plot she died in 1963 That is not an old grave, she should have had longer .
I think If she had known the fate of her old bones she would have been cremated .
  After seeing was has happened a WoodGrange I am definitely going to be cremated .

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 07 April 16 22:50 BST (UK) »
I suspect the communal multi-occupancy graves have no lease as such, just as and when they decide to reuse them.  There may be rules but with a private cemetery, I suspect anything is possible unfortunately. ::)
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 08 April 16 00:36 BST (UK) »
It's already been established that the Mary Jane Matthews who died Dec qtr 1872 Camberwell, was age 0.
Very likely relates to the 25 October burial record at Camberwell Old Cemetery.

Woops, well spotted, save's Jeanne purchasing some credits for nothing.

Omigosh - sorry - I definitely have egg on my face!  Just looked back for that and it's only a week or so since that was posted!  Talk about short term memory loss!  Just as well I left it till this morning!  I have also just seen another recent post that I missed re her possible death in Ireland. (She may well have been visiting as her family was from that area).

I've looked at so many deaths for her, and had so much help from here with this Mathews family of mine and I think I need to let this one go after I try the Irish one.

Thank you for your help!

I will also order myself a brain scan!!🤗

Jeanne
"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections

Offline hondaboy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 18 January 19 14:26 GMT (UK) »
 Locate - local to you - Family History Centre of the Church of The Later Day Saints.  They have  records of burials at Wood Grange Park Cemetery.  Hundreds of graves were destroyed and bodies exhumed to allow for residential building. They were reburied in a mass grave in an area called the Garden of Remembrance.  The Friends of Woodgrange Park Cemetery would be delighted to hear from anyone  prepared to devote a few hours to make this Garden look as those poor souls who were disturbed are being remembered.