Author Topic: William Allum  (Read 2203 times)

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
Re: William Allum
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 05 April 16 08:05 BST (UK) »
You will need to see the original marriage record  if you haven't done so already. Either through the LDS microfilm centres, or ask if someone on here has access to the Cheshunt PR's. You need to find out if there is another parish mentioned in the marriage record, or was he "of this parish"?
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 05 April 16 08:18 BST (UK) »
Afternoon I have already saved his marriage and like most of them is of this parish, but some of them are different and just mention of this parish. :-[

Janet :-[

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 05 April 16 08:28 BST (UK) »
You know that "of this parish" only meant that an individual had resided in that parish for three weeks I think it was.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 05 April 16 08:45 BST (UK) »
Afternoon pinefamily I am afraid I don't know this at all some marriage records are different and show both of parish other times it shows separate parishes. :-\

Janet :-[