Author Topic: Mountain Ash, Glamorgan. Paynes 1898  (Read 2289 times)

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Mountain Ash, Glamorgan. Paynes 1898
« Reply #18 on: Monday 11 April 16 22:47 BST (UK) »

The bottom line is that there is no evidence that Charlotte Payne(nee Dally) ever went to the Pontypridd (area).
Just because her children went to Mountain Ash . . . . .

Charlotte may have re-married (and stayed where she was / and moved with her new husband / . . . . . )

There are some (other) possibilities of "Charlotte b1834-ish Newent" re-marrying
AND showing up in later census.

The involvement of the Charlotte Bawn's death should be eliminated by BUYING the document.
If 6x other (paid?) researchers have been unable to confirm the death ( and WE are still discussing it )
then why are WE wasting time/effort/subs ?

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline RogerP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Mountain Ash, Glamorgan. Paynes 1898
« Reply #19 on: Friday 29 April 16 04:10 BST (UK) »
Found in Mountain Ash in 1911!!

Most of your comments were very helpful, and helped me with my research, and saved me time, thank you.

I have eliminated Charlotte Bawn from data in the death certificate. There have been several confounding factors in my search for the death of Charlotte, such as place of birth (Herefordshire or Gloucestershire), and incorrect reports of her age.

Charlotte Dally was christened in Aston Ingham, Herefordshire, 17 Nov 1833.
In 1851, 1971, 1981 it is reported she was born in Newent, Gloucestershire.
Her husband William Payne died in 1895 in Westbury on Severn.

There is a marriage of a Charlotte Payne to a George Gardner in Pontypridd, Glamorgan in 1900: 11a979

They are both in 16 Mt Hill St., Aberdare, Glamorgan in 1901;  RG13 5037  Charlotte's age is given as 60, born in Newent.

They are in 40 Seymour St., Mountain Ash in 1911, RG14PN 32285: Charlotte's age is given as 77, born in Newent County, her grandson Ivor Cecil Payne age 14 is with them.

There is a death of George Gardner in Pontypridd in Sep 1911.

There is a death of a Charlotte Gardner age 95 in Pontypridd in Oct-Dec 1928,  11a548.
This may have been "blind gran" that my father spoke of.
Parfitt, Payne, Markham, Panther, Watts, Newby, Horswell, Branscomb