Author Topic: Help for an Irish Lass!!  (Read 418 times)

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
Help for an Irish Lass!!
« on: Thursday 21 April 16 19:42 BST (UK) »
Hello!! I've an index which I found a while back, and I have a feeling it could be do to with a great-aunt of mine. The information is:

Catherine Salmon
Born 5 March 1881 Republic of Ireland

Would anyone know where I could find more information about this please. Is 1977 the year she died? Would love some help and fresh eyes and it's much appreciated.

Annie

Edited for copyright reasons ~moderator
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help for an Irish Lass!!
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 April 16 19:53 BST (UK) »
1977 might not be when she died.  I believe there was some effort to check names on Social Security accounts, so that may have been when it was done.

The life claim would have been when she applied for retirement or disability benefits.

Her Social Security number was issued in Illinois.

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 April 16 20:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Shelly,

Apologies for posting the full image, wasn't sure after putting it up was it allowed.

Illinois ties in with the possibility that her ex - husband William A. Salmon remarried there...I've found some information that could be it. Created the post about that last year http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=724251.0

Annie
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 21 April 16 20:17 BST (UK) »
I think I'm after finding the said Catherine on the Ilinois Death index on Family Search in 1956...birth date matches up to the one I put up earlier.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 21 April 16 20:34 BST (UK) »
The parents' names on that Catherine Salmon's death certificate are Patrick Gordon and Mary Finnegan - https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QVRN-67CZ

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 21 April 16 20:35 BST (UK) »
Yep, that's the one I found too. So probably not my great-aunt that I am looking for..no chip in that brick wall yet, lol