Author Topic: census 1901  (Read 605 times)

Offline B17_Fan

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
census 1901
« on: Sunday 24 April 16 22:13 BST (UK) »
Can somebody look up the 1901 census for joseph seymour born 1869 in boxford. It's RG13 1122 108 pg 8
On the transcription it says address is Old Green man, hoe benham, welford. But on the actual image it doesn't say that.
Can someone perharps look back a few pages and see what the addresses were?
Many thanks
Steptoe  Morland  Morley  Ellis  Brewer  Seymour  Davis  Kempster  Cox  Jennings  Morgans  Edwards Powell Thatcher Brewer Withers Ferris Strode Kingston Goddard Heath Fishlake

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: census 1901
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 April 16 22:31 BST (UK) »
There are no street addresses for the village of Hoe Benham! ::)

Nor for the subsequent hamlet of Benham Burslett, or the previous hamlet of Halfway.
Except for the one dwelling called "Old Green Man", where the Head is a Publican.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline B17_Fan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 April 16 22:40 BST (UK) »
Think the transcriber got it wrong then. Because it seems everyone in Hoe Benham lived in the pub! lol
Steptoe  Morland  Morley  Ellis  Brewer  Seymour  Davis  Kempster  Cox  Jennings  Morgans  Edwards Powell Thatcher Brewer Withers Ferris Strode Kingston Goddard Heath Fishlake

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 April 16 22:53 BST (UK) »

Hi

If you were looking/following up what I had posted then why didn't you use the original thread?

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=746552.msg5942596#msg5942596

The census sheets show ( col 1 ) that they live in separate dwellings and that the census enumerator was being "lazy" by not noting the address.

We are all willing to help, what are you actually looking for?

Ray

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline B17_Fan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 24 April 16 23:23 BST (UK) »

Hi

If you were looking/following up what I had posted then why didn't you use the original thread?

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=746552.msg5942596#msg5942596

The census sheets show ( col 1 ) that they live in separate dwellings and that the census enumerator was being "lazy" by not noting the address.

We are all willing to help, what are you actually looking for?

Ray

I wasn't following up that thread. I was in the middle of checking my records on find my past and noticed the address on the transcription. Forgot about the previous thread. Sorry