Author Topic: Daventry burial/newspaper obituary  (Read 1120 times)

Offline 1karen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Daventry burial/newspaper obituary
« on: Monday 02 May 16 14:58 BST (UK) »
After many years searching, I think I have finally found my 2x great-auntie & uncle in Daventry, Northamptonshire. They are on the 1939 register living at The Green, Daventry.

I have found a death of John P WHITE in Daventry in March quarter 1951. Would anyone have access to a newspaper obituary or a burial record to confirm that this is the right man? His wife was called Edith WHITE (nee AINSWORTH).

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Offline Pennie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Daventry burial/newspaper obituary
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 May 16 13:08 BST (UK) »

I've managed to have a look at a fiche copy of the burial register for Daventry's parish church, Holy Trinity.  Unfortunately, no record found of your John P. WHITE.

I'm reasonably familiar with Daventry, but not sure whether there's anywhere called "The Green".  There are plenty of "The Green"'s in surrounding villages so maybe he was laid to rest somewhere else.

I think your best bet now would be to purchase his death certificate, as this will confirm his abode and will also give the name of the informant - hopefully his wife or a child - and this will confirm that you have the right person.

Pennie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www. nationalarchives.gov.uk.

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 10 May 16 19:32 BST (UK) »
hi pennie
according to google!! there is a place called The Green Daventry
The Green
Daventry
NN11 3HB

could be a whole area haven't investigated more
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Pennie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 10 May 16 19:55 BST (UK) »

That postcode relates to Newnham - a village south of Daventry - not the town of Daventry.

Pennie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www. nationalarchives.gov.uk.

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 10 May 16 23:01 BST (UK) »
just shows you cant believe all you read on google ;D

back to John P White I think that death in 1951 is most likely to be right but think only way you will know for sure is with the certificate, but as its not a direct rellie its another expense,
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline 1karen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 04 January 17 19:21 GMT (UK) »
Sorry for the late reply but I did not see any notifications that there had been a response. Thank you for taking the time to look.