Author Topic: 1939 query  (Read 889 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1939 query
« on: Saturday 07 May 16 10:13 BST (UK) »
Found an entry I'm interested in, but it is faintly crossed out - in red - with a note (also in red) on the right of the page saying 'Re-open entry CR.... then underneath See P20'

I can't find her on another entry, not by name and DOB anyway. [Betty Griffiths, 20 Jul 1913, domestic cook in Beaconsfield, Bucks, but from Cardiff].

Any ideas? Thanks,

Deirdre
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: 1939 query
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 May 16 12:04 BST (UK) »
I see that she is working at a hotel, so I wonder if it means that shortly after the register was taken she changed jobs and so the new entry gives the new address? Unfortunately I can't see any page numbers on the record and can't move further on than one page.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 May 16 12:25 BST (UK) »
Thanks groom, just looked again and can now see CR363A but i don't know what that refers to, doesn't appear to be a 1939 code. She's a bit of a mystery and that seems to add to it!
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 May 16 19:48 BST (UK) »
there does seem to be a lot of bits and pieces on the register that there are no explanations for
at least not that I can find...........I have a no with refer to page but haven't ever found that page
I suppose that like everything else it might become clearer in the future ??? ;D
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk