Author Topic: Glamorganshire Llansamlet Look-up Request: Mathew Mathew and Charlotte Walker  (Read 1122 times)

Offline filmgrips

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mathew Mathew and Charlotte Walker were born in Llansamlet Parish around 1780. They married at Llansamlet Parish church 03 Jul 1802. I have a copy of their marriage and the baptismal records for their children David, William, Mary, Richard, Elizabeth, Anne, Samuel. I have additional info on Mary Mathew/Matthews who married James Rees.
I was hoping to find additional info on Mathew and Charlotte: parents names, dates of birth, dates of death, their siblings, any of their childrens' info.
Thanks.
Tim

Offline Sam Swift

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Hi There's a Mathew Mathew marrying an Elizabeth Morgan at Llangyfelach on Aug 4th 1782 (no other info given)

Mathew Mathew seems to have moved to live with relatives of what could be descendants of a daughter by another marriage - Daniel & Martha Walters and his family the Walters living in Mynyddislwyn in 1851 and then lodging with another family up to 1871 census. There is a BMD entry that fits this Mathew Mathew in the census for village of Penmain. who was born in Llangafelach (sic Llangyfelach)  (later listed as Swansea) aged 78 who died Jan 1873 (born 1786) in the Newport Reg District 11a 145 that's likely to be him.

There is also an 1841 census entry for Mathew Mathew in Mynyddislwyn but with a Mary Mathew born Monmouthsire in 1793 and a probable child Martha Mathew born Monmouthshire 1821 all at Rhew Parish of Mynyddyslwyn, Town of   Penmain, Monmouthshire, Registration district of Newport
REF : HO107, Piece number   751, Book number 6, Folio 25, Page 1

If this is Mathew then he Charlotte would have died before 1821

Offline TAHMV

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Glamorganshire Llansamlet Look-up Request: Mathew Mathew and Charlotte Walker
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 March 23 23:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello filmgrips. Not sure whether you're still there after 7 years, but I'd be interested in the details which you have about Matthew Matthews, Charlotte née Walker and their children. They seem to be ancestors of a DNA match of mine, and I'm trying to work out out our most recent common ancestor.

Regards, Tony