Author Topic: Patrick Joseph Lynch of Tullydish  (Read 2445 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Joseph Lynch of Tullydish
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 09 July 16 16:51 BST (UK) »
Tullydush?  No Tullydish!

http://www.logainm.ie/en/15084
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline themacmo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 03 August 16 19:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Anthony, I believe I am related to you.  Your grandad Patrick, may have been my uncle Patrick.  I came to the forum by chance, looking for birth details for both Sarah Jane Lynch nee Henderson who married Patrick Lynch and saw your post. I have their marriage cert from 1904.  They are my grandparents, your great grandparents, but died before I was born, I believe. I am hoping to find a birth date and birth cert and possibly a Scottish death date and death cert for either.  Your grandad, my uncle Patrick, had a sister Susan and brother John whom you mention.  Uncle Patrick had another brother, James (my father), another brother, Philip, a sister, Mary Ann, another sister, Sarah (Cissie) - I think she was my aunt tho she may just have been a family friend we called auntie - and possibly more but I don't have any other info.   My uncle Patrick lived in Airdrie, Scotland with my auntie Margaret and they were by far the nicest of my aunts or uncles.  They were so kind and generous even though they had hardly a bean to their name.  Their children were Esther, Peter, John and maybe a Cyril and maybe another Patrick and possibly more but we are going back some.  One of the boys, Peter I think, had six fingers on each hand(!!!) so if he's one of your relations then so am I.   My father, James (your great uncle) had three girls and a boy but sadly only a girl and boy (me) are still alive.  Happy to virtual chat with you here or on (*) Cheers.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline themacmo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 03 August 16 19:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Ted159,
I have quite a lot of info on the Lynch family of Meenyanly and the connection to  the Hendersons of Tullydush/ Tullydish. Does the name McGinnis mean anything to you ?

Offline Ted159

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 04 August 16 14:03 BST (UK) »
Hi themacmo,

My late father had a friend called "Dan McGinnis" whom I think was in some way related, maybe a cousin of his.  They chummed up after both their wives died.  I was a kid at the time and have little recollection, although I do remember there was an Irish connection.  I referred to him as "Mr McGinnis" so I can't believe he was a close relative.  He lived in Glasgow until his death sometime in the 1980s, survived by two daughters (again, that's a distant memory.). BTW, I never heard back from the poster Anthony whose grandfather may have been my uncle.  I guess we will have to wait till he reconnects with this site.  I have applied for a copy of my grandfather's Irish birth cert based on the information I have and am awaiting a response.   Cheers, Ted159

Offline themacmo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 04 August 16 14:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Ted159 and hello Cousin . We are definitely related .My dad was Dan McGinnis but we are related through my mother - Susan Lynch ( not your Aunt Susan ) . Your dad James and my mum were first cousins . I met your dad many times . The Cardowan club being one of their favourite haunts . I have your grandad Patrick's birth certificate . I would like to give you my email address but not sure how to do that privately . Your grandad and my grandad were half brothers . Same father but different mothers . It's a long story . I am happy to share all the information I have gained over a period of years . I still meet up with your cousin Phyllis from time to time . If you know how to private message me could you do that this evening please . Themacmo .

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 04 August 16 15:02 BST (UK) »
Click on Ted159's name and that will bring you to his Profile page. On the left you will see a few choices in blue. Click on Send PM. You can than send a private message.

Offline themacmo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 04 August 16 16:38 BST (UK) »
Thank you Sinann