Author Topic: 1901 Census look up request - John and Sarah L Walker of Hasland, Chesterfield  (Read 622 times)

Offline GaznDon

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Good morning all,

I would like to ask for a look up if possible please, of John and Sarah Lizzie Walker. John was born in Brampton in 1879 and he was a colliery stoker. His wife, Sarah (known as Lizzie), was born in Sheffield in 1880. I have these details: Schedule Type 182 Page Number 34.

What I would really like to know is their full address, please. I believe they were living on Park Street, and my grandmother was born a month after the census was taken, so I'm guessing this will be the house in which she was born.  :)

Thank you,
GaznDon

ADAMS, AVENELL, BOLDOCK, CUBLEY, DARWENT, GILES, GREATOREX, HEATHCOTE, HILL, HOMER, HUNTER, INGALL, LANGSDALE, MOODY, MOORE, PINDER, QUICK, REVILL, REYNOLDS, SHAW, TYSON, WAGSTAFF, WALKER, WATSON, WHITE, UNDY.<br /><br />Derbys, Leics, Lincs, Notts, Wilts (Highworth), Worcs (Stourbridge), Yorks (Sheffield, Rotherham).  
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 Census look up request - John and Sarah L Walker of Hasland, Chesterfield
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 June 16 08:41 BST (UK) »
I think John & Sarah were at No 41.
RG13/3246 f109 p34

There is no House number against this property but against a family 4 households above.  The following 4 are ditto'd but it may not include the house number  :-\  I can't decide whether the / against the beginning of households is supposed to be / or // as it may have been written with thicker nib pen. The households have different schedule numbers
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline GaznDon

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 Census look up request - John and Sarah L Walker of Hasland, Chesterfield
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 June 16 09:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much for your trouble, rosie99. Perhaps they were still there in 1911 - I will have to check. I know they moved to Warwick Street, Birdholme, but that may have been at a much later date.

Best wishes,
GaznDon
ADAMS, AVENELL, BOLDOCK, CUBLEY, DARWENT, GILES, GREATOREX, HEATHCOTE, HILL, HOMER, HUNTER, INGALL, LANGSDALE, MOODY, MOORE, PINDER, QUICK, REVILL, REYNOLDS, SHAW, TYSON, WAGSTAFF, WALKER, WATSON, WHITE, UNDY.<br /><br />Derbys, Leics, Lincs, Notts, Wilts (Highworth), Worcs (Stourbridge), Yorks (Sheffield, Rotherham).  
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 16 June 16 01:51 BST (UK) »
Moderator comment: content removed - members of RootsChat may not post details from the 1939 register that is not available in the free index.