Author Topic: Charles Reid or Reed 1856 County Cork  (Read 707 times)

Offline Wernddu

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Charles Reid or Reed 1856 County Cork
« on: Friday 15 July 16 15:08 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace Charles Reid who married Ellen or Helena Cashman in Middleton Cork 1882. They had two children born in Ireland and two born in England and emigrated to England between 1884 and 1889.
England census 1891 and 1911 give his birth as 1856 in Cork and occupation as stud groom.
No luck at all with finding his parents. Can anyone help please?

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Reid or Reed 1856 County Cork
« Reply #1 on: Friday 15 July 16 16:54 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace Charles Reid who married Ellen or Helena Cashman in Middleton Cork 1882. They had two children born in Ireland and two born in England and emigrated to England between 1884 and 1889.
England census 1891 and 1911 give his birth as 1856 in Cork and occupation as stud groom.
No luck at all with finding his parents. Can anyone help please?
The Civil record for marriage of Charles Reid & Ellen Cashman 22nd April 1882 registration in Middleton Co Cork Reg No 2194430 You can obtain a photocopy of the record from www.groireland.ie costing 4€
This will give you both fathers names, I live in the area & should you require further information contact me when you receive the record.  On www.irishgenealogy.ie Civil Records there are several registrations for the name Reid in Middleton Co Cork but as Charles was born prior to Civil registration in 1864 you would have to rely on Church records for him.

Offline Wernddu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 July 16 07:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that. I did find the marriage on rootsireland but it only gave the father's surnames which didn't help!
No sign of Charles baptism on ancestry or rootsireland- do you know anywhere else to look?
Thanks for your help.

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 16 July 16 11:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that. I did find the marriage on rootsireland but it only gave the father's surnames which didn't help!
No sign of Charles baptism on ancestry or rootsireland- do you know anywhere else to look?
Thanks for your help.
If you get the Civil Marriage Record it will give fathers names also if they are living or deceased at the time also possibly an address.
Without a location in Cork for Charles it will be difficult to locate a baptism. Church records are available on www.registers.nli.ie