Author Topic: Five years of family research  (Read 624 times)

Offline DJS1991

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Five years of family research
« on: Sunday 24 July 16 14:18 BST (UK) »
Five years ago today I decided to start exploring my families past and paid my first subscripton to Ancestry with the main intention to find out more about my Grandads Fathers side of the family of which we knew nothing. My mother even once thought that we were Aliens!

Before I started exploring the family, the only things I had to go on was 1 Marriage Certificate, 1 Birth Certificate, 2 Death Certificates, a wallet of photos and very little family information.

Thinking back from then to now, it has completely changed my family's life as with every other of my new relative's lives who I've been/and now in touch with.

To look at the branches of a family tree which was once fragmented over a cloud of mystery has now nurtured into a large network of people, and now with the advantage of Facebook and email I'm writing this message to you all.

I am so grateful to each and eveyone of you for all the correspondances and sharing your knowledge on a side of the family we all never knew existed. The relatives who we've met for the first time feels like we've known each other all our lives, there's a bond in every relative who you meet because you all have something in common in different aspects.

When you do a family tree, you find it fascinating to know about your ancestors and what they did in the time of their lives, it's a foundation of you and your families lives of today  to have knowledge about. But I've always said it's the relatives who you meet along the way which keep our ancestors memories alive.

To think if I didn't do all this I wouldn't be writing this to you all today. I'm also grateful to know and have you all in our lives and I hope you all keep in touch with each other aswell as I