Author Topic: Patrick Martin, Drogheda  (Read 609 times)

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Martin, Drogheda
« Reply #9 on: Monday 01 August 16 10:58 BST (UK) »
agreed gaffy

these dates may have been assumed on the data received to date - if it was obtained on census or other records it would mean the whole family being correct would have to be questioned
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline bobcollier

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Martin, Drogheda
« Reply #10 on: Monday 01 August 16 13:48 BST (UK) »
Thank you hallmark, gaffy, Sinann, and myluck! for your help. I had the baptism records for Sophia and Eliza from a source other than the NLI website - I didn't know the Catholic Parish Registers were viewable online until today, thank you especially for that. I didn't know about Mary and Thomas.

The year of birth I have for Patrick Martin does seem very suspicious now. I got the information from an indirect descendant of Sophia Martin in Ireland (she's the granddaughter of the sister of the wife of one of Sophia's sons - don't know if there's an actual name for that in a relationship chart). Eliza Thompson's year of birth seems okay. I'll check with my informant where she got her information from.

In the meantime, not having anything more than the name, I guess the Patrick Martin recorded in the Griffith's Valuation could be anybody.

Thanks again fo your help. Much appreciated.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.