Author Topic: Another WWI MIC - Help!  (Read 737 times)

Offline v i c k y

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Another WWI MIC - Help!
« on: Friday 22 July 05 20:04 BST (UK) »
Hoping for some help with explaining this, please. ???

Mack, you were brilliant earlier with the info on both my g-grandads. I hope buying this wasn't a waste of your time or my money, because you told me more than this thing does! There's another card for George according to the NA. Was hoping they'd both be on the same page so I wouldn't have to fork out twice, but nope. Haven't got the other one yet and might not get it unless someone can prove that this one was actually worth paying for. ;)

Thanks in advance,
Vicky
Barrington, Westerman (originally from Hannover), Long (originally from Prussia), Lorymore, Flyng, Porter - all Bristol, Gloucestershire.
Grimes - Bridgwater, Somerset.
Lamb - Poplar, Essex, Hither Green, Kent.
Dwan, Turner, Cole, Carter, Walker, Kay, Hughes, Maplesden - all St Olaves/Bermondsey/Rotherhithe/Southwark/Stepney/Lambeth/Wandsworth.

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Another WWI MIC - Help!
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 July 05 00:53 BST (UK) »
vicky,thats his card you have the right one,they are worth paying for,i know people who turn them into a sort of memorial roll,including pictures and info and then frame them,mack
military history,mainly ww1,manchester pals battalions,tyneside irish +tyneside scottish brigades,leeds,liverpool,accrington,birmingham,hull,barnsley,swansea and salford pals.