Author Topic: Harrison in Ballynahinch, Saintfield, Bangor (Gransha), Bleary, Boardmills  (Read 710 times)

Offline Polly Lynn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Harrison
    • View Profile
Harrison in Ballynahinch, Saintfield, Bangor (Gransha), Bleary, Boardmills
« on: Monday 05 September 16 12:04 BST (UK) »
I am researching Harrison cousins in Ballynahinch, Saintfield, and Gransha.  They were Presbyterian.  I have made trees of various Harrison families in Down, just to keep them separate.

Stumpers include:
(1)  Who was the father of Pierce Harrison [Sr.]; family was eventually from Bleary, Co. Down?  I am guessing he was born about 1780.  Whom did he marry?  Their son Pierce Harrison [Jr.] was born about 1814, I am guessing.  Where was he born?  Pierce Harrison Jr. had children including Elizabeth Harrison, John Pierce Harrison, Joseph Harrison, and Nicholas.  When were they born?  Did those four marry?  To whom?  They had siblings Robert Kent Harrison and James Henry [Sr.].  Why the middle name Kent?

(2)  Hugh Harrison (born about 1730, possibly near Ballymacaramery, Saintfield) of Gransha married Sarah McCreery. Did they have any daughters?  They had sons James and Joseph.  Approximate dates of birth for James and Joseph?

(3)  Davison Harrison (born about 1752, guessing) married Margaret Petticrew.  Eight children and of Boardmills Presbyterian Church.  Any descendants researching this family?

Thank you.  This is the first time I am posting a question.  Hope it was done right.
Harrison