Author Topic: St Nicholas Brighton Look up request  (Read 949 times)

Offline Mercian7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
St Nicholas Brighton Look up request
« on: Monday 12 September 16 13:19 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have the record of a marriage, which, with the help of another person on here, appears to have taken place at St. Nicholas Brighton (at least that is what the family search number indicates) on 23rd February 1852 between John Waite and Ann Rogers. The record lists John's father as William Waite and Ann's Father as Daniel Rogers. Unfortunately neither the occupations, addresses or the witnesses are mentioned. I have hunted high and low to try and find a digital image or a more full description but all in vain. I am not able to visit The Keep in person at present and I am wondering if anyone is going could they spare 5 minutes to look up the entry on the microform for me. I deeply appreciate that people have their own work to do but help on this matter would be very much appreciated.

many thanks

John

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: St Nicholas Brighton Look up request
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 September 16 13:43 BST (UK) »
23 Feby
John Waite, of full age, Bachelor, Labourer, residence 77 Edward St, father William Waite, Labourer
+
Ann Rogers, of full age, Spinster, residence 77 Edward St, father Daniel Rogers, Bargeman
after Banns
groom and bride both marked
witnessed by John Halls, Elizabeth Halls (both marked)

Offline Mercian7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: St Nicholas Brighton Look up request
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 September 16 10:50 BST (UK) »
Dear jonw65

Thank you so much for your reply. I had no idea Familysearch had digital images for Sussex Parish Registers. This has been very helpful. Again many thanks

John