Author Topic: 1871 Census lookup needed please - Fanny Derwent of Ecclesall Bierlow  (Read 475 times)

Offline GaznDon

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
1871 Census lookup needed please - Fanny Derwent of Ecclesall Bierlow
« on: Monday 26 September 16 10:49 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
My ancestor, Ann (or 'Nanny') Darwent, appears to have been listed on the 1871 census as Fanny Derwent - I suppose it's close! :)
I would like to ask for a lookup of her address, please - it could possibly be Pearl Street.
I don't have a census reference, but I know she was the head of her household, and a widow - her husband, Matthew, had died at 50 Pearl Street, the year before the census was taken.
Other family members in 1871 are her three daughters, Jane, Ruth and Mary, Mary's husband Robert Moulson, and his son, who was also called Robert.
Many thanks to anyone who can help me.  :)
ADAMS, AVENELL, BOLDOCK, CUBLEY, DARWENT, GILES, GREATOREX, HEATHCOTE, HILL, HOMER, HUNTER, INGALL, LANGSDALE, MOODY, MOORE, PINDER, QUICK, REVILL, REYNOLDS, SHAW, TYSON, WAGSTAFF, WALKER, WATSON, WHITE, UNDY.<br /><br />Derbys, Leics, Lincs, Notts, Wilts (Highworth), Worcs (Stourbridge), Yorks (Sheffield, Rotherham).  
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 Census lookup needed please - Fanny Derwent of Ecclesall Bierlow
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 September 16 11:00 BST (UK) »
10 Cliffe  Street  :-\

ADDED Cliffe Street follows Pearl Street on the census records
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline GaznDon

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 Census lookup needed please - Fanny Derwent of Ecclesall Bierlow
« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 September 16 11:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much, rosie99 - well, it's in the same area (less than half a mile away), so that would make sense. The family did move around an awful lot!  :)
ADAMS, AVENELL, BOLDOCK, CUBLEY, DARWENT, GILES, GREATOREX, HEATHCOTE, HILL, HOMER, HUNTER, INGALL, LANGSDALE, MOODY, MOORE, PINDER, QUICK, REVILL, REYNOLDS, SHAW, TYSON, WAGSTAFF, WALKER, WATSON, WHITE, UNDY.<br /><br />Derbys, Leics, Lincs, Notts, Wilts (Highworth), Worcs (Stourbridge), Yorks (Sheffield, Rotherham).  
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk