Author Topic: Sierszynski  (Read 549 times)

Offline Briellen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sierszynski
« on: Wednesday 12 October 16 17:53 BST (UK) »
Looking for any Sierszynski family that may be related to Stefan Sierszynski. He married Helena Szabronskia in 1947. They both spent time in the war camps as forced labourers in Germany during WWII, then migrated to Australia in 1950. Both had siblings that were still alive after the war. No names or other details.

Stefan was from Siedlce and Helena from Czechowice in Poland. They were married in Watenstedt.

Thanks in advance.
Scott: Enzieholme, Eskadalemuir, Dumfries; Meadows, South Australia, Victoria
Dwyer: Coorleagh Townlands, County Kilkenny; Horsham, Jeparit, Tooan, Ballarat, Rainbow, Victoria
Kearnan: Meath, Ireland
Berlund: Angermanland, Sweden
Harriott:  Coleraine, Londonderry, Ireland; Bungendore, NSW
McFadzen: Wigtownshire; Bungendore, NSW

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
Re: Sierszynski
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 September 17 11:17 BST (UK) »
Looking for any Sierszynski family that may be related to Stefan Sierszynski. He married Helena Szabronskia in 1947. They both spent time in the war camps as forced labourers in Germany during WWII, then migrated to Australia in 1950. Both had siblings that were still alive after the war. No names or other details.

Stefan was from Siedlce and Helena from Czechowice in Poland. They were married in Watenstedt.

Thanks in advance.

I don't have a family connection, but if the Watenstedt you mention is the one which is part of Salzgitter in Niedersachsen (Lower Saxony), then it's only a stone's throw from us.

If there is anything I can do for you re: Watenstedt, just say the word.

Best regards,
Karen
McDonald MacDonald M'Donald McGregor MacGregor M'Gregor Twilley Wells Fentiman Carrington Rowe Needham Mitchell Mackie Collingwood Fuller Maides Shilton Hagon Budd

Offline Briellen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 September 17 19:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Helen,

Thanks for getting in touch. Yes it is the same place. They were married there in 1947.

I have some info on both Stefan & Helena, but what I have been unable to find is any documents or the location of his parents or any info concerning them. I would love some help in locating anything that is available.

Kind regards,
Diane
Dwyer: Coorleagh Townlands, County Kilkenny; Horsham, Jeparit, Tooan, Ballarat, Rainbow, Victoria

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 11:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Diane,

Do you have Stefan's marriage certificate, and if so, does it say anything about his father?

The records for Polish forced labourers are, apparently, meagre, as many of them were not classed as POWs. Bodies such as the Red Cross were often not given details of the prisoners.

Have you tried the International Red Cross, just in case?

Best regards,
Karen
McDonald MacDonald M'Donald McGregor MacGregor M'Gregor Twilley Wells Fentiman Carrington Rowe Needham Mitchell Mackie Collingwood Fuller Maides Shilton Hagon Budd

Offline Briellen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 13:37 BST (UK) »
I have a lot of their details from the time the Germans invaded their hometown up until they travelled to Australia as displaced persons; plus some details going back to their early childhood. I
have a list of quite a few marriages from the Poznan State Archives which I haven't finished going through as yet and they have quite a few possible parents within them.

The son of one of Stefan's male friends, gave me a copy of letters written between his father and Stefan which related to their time in the refugee camp, and when Stefan received government help to move into government housing here in Australia. I was lucky and thankful to receive them.

I will put together a list of possible parents from what I have and then PM you the details. Again, thanks for your offer of help.

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 16:13 BST (UK) »
Okeydokey.

So you don't have a copy of Stefan's marriage certificate?