Author Topic: Mackel Hoffman Knaak in Sunderland  (Read 3901 times)

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mackel Hoffman Knaak in Sunderland
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 20 October 16 00:20 BST (UK) »

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 20 October 16 01:11 BST (UK) »
Birth
Margaret Meckel Sunderland March 1/4 1860 vol 10a page 446
Birth
Henry Conrad Meckel June 1/4 1862 Death Sept 1/4 1862 Sunderland
Also a birth for a Henry R Meckel in March 1/4 1866 Sunderland

Margaret can't be giving birth to Knaak children and Meckel children in this period?  :)

It looks like these children had parents Henry & Elizabeth (possibly Henry was a sibling of Conrads)
1861 census Henry and Elizabeth have children John George age 3 and Margaret age 1 (possibly this Margaret died young as they have another Margaret 1881 census )
15 Neesham Square Sunderland
Henry Mackel Hed M 36 Glazier Longenberg ? Germany
Elizabeth wife 33 Germany
John George son 13
Elizabeth daughter 7
Henry R son 5
Conrad son 3
Ludwig grandfather 82 Germany
children all b Sunderland
RG10 5014 11 18

1881 henry and Elizabeth have 3 more children with them -Susannah age 9 Margaret A age 7 and catharine age 4

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 20 October 16 01:17 BST (UK) »

As an aside there was also a birth reg for a Conrad Ludwig Mackel in Sunderland 1868

It seems Conrad Ludwig Mackel birth reg Dec 1868 is most probably the son of Henry & Elizabeth

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 20 October 16 09:51 BST (UK) »
As an aside there was also a birth reg for a Conrad Ludwig Mackel in Sunderland 1868
It seems Conrad Ludwig Mackel birth reg Dec 1868 is most probably the son of Henry & Elizabeth
Suz

Conrad Ludwig Mackel is the son of Henry and Elizabeth

Stan

Offline Emmybeth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 20 October 16 17:07 BST (UK) »
Thank you for all the above help. I have children of Ludwig Mackel as Christiana, George, Conrad, Henry and Louis. Christiana and George both in North Shields area. Henry and Louis in Sunderland. I am descended from the large family of Henry and Elizabeth.
I haven't been able to find anything about Conrad after his marriage. The mystery is what happened to him? From the above info it appears Margaret had Knaak children as early as 1861?? Why would she state spinster at her second marriage?
The above posts have given me a little more to look at but maybe I will never solve this mystery.

Offline Edge99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 23 November 18 11:28 GMT (UK) »
Emmybeth

I too am descended from Henry and Elizabeth.

They had many children one of which was Conrad born in 1868/9.I believe he changed his name to James who was my G/F's father, Fred.

As seems to be case with this family he had about 16 children! He was married twice, the second time to my G/M.

Would be nice to compare notes.

Thanks.

Offline Emmybeth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 23 November 18 17:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Good to hear from you. I do have Fred in my very large tree, as you say they seemed to have a lot of children. I have 10 to first wife and 4 to second. If I have it right think you are my 3rd cousin! Would be good to exchange info if you send me a private message with your email address I am sure we can help each other out.

Offline Edge99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 24 November 18 22:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Good to hear from you. I do have Fred in my very large tree, as you say they seemed to have a lot of children. I have 10 to first wife and 4 to second. If I have it right think you are my 3rd cousin! Would be good to exchange info if you send me a private message with your email address I am sure we can help each other out.

Hi

Can you tell me how I do this? I can see Messages but the Sent Messages option disappears before I can click on it.

Any help would be useful. Can you send me a private message so I can perhaps reply to it?

Thanks.

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 25 November 18 06:24 GMT (UK) »
On Rootschat you have to post 3 messages before you can send a private message to another member so Edge99 if you just post once more (doesn't matter what you say) you will then be able to send a pm.
Good luck