Author Topic: Many photos to date I have no idea who they are BirminghamWest midlands area.  (Read 1206 times)

Offline vmkarlsson

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Hello everyone and thank you so much in advance.

Sadly my nan passed away nearly a month ago, and while going through her things we came across some photos that we had never seen before. There so beautiful but sadly knowone in my family knows who they are. Any help with dating these and maybe some info about the photo studios would be a huge help in finding out who these wonderful people could be.
Sallis, Stanton, Andrews, Davenport, Hall, Rudge, Price, Rose, Bayliss, Taylor, Salt, Baskerfield, Webster, Burley, Hackett, Hill, Hodgetts, Stringer, Davis, Davies, Willetts, Ward, Edwards, Cushion/Cashan, Leary, Reddy, Elsmore, Rutter, Roberts, Gardner, Whitehead, Jones, Yarnold, Field, Briggs, Ketley, Halford, Beddell, Purcell, Williams, Lea, Slater, Crumpton, Horrobin, Snape, Millard, Shaw, Shore, Clifton, Thompson, Berrick------ WORCESTER, WARWICK, GLOUCESTER, WALES & IRELAND

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
Re: Many photos to date I have no idea who they are BirminghamWest midlands area.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 October 16 18:14 BST (UK) »
Nice group of photos. Lucky you.
This is how we like to see them for dating so thanks for that.
1. Early-mid 1890's & obviously a nurse.
2. Late 1880's. She still has her hair long so I would suggest around 16/17 yo.
3. As you can see, same cardstock as 1 but the number is about 6,000 higher so about 18-24 months later if he kept to the sequencing so probably closer to mid 1890's. Maybe brother & sister.
4. Tentatively v.late 1880's - early 1890's as I don't believe Henry Whitlock was using this cardstock much after this & the number sequence indicates around 1889/90. To be cautious I think I'm going to have to say 1889-91. Her skirt length suggests around 15/16 yo.
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Many photos to date I have no idea who they are BirminghamWest midlands area.
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 October 16 18:54 BST (UK) »
Nice one Jim...aren't they lovely!
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 20 October 16 19:11 BST (UK) »
Yes they are & I would add that the 2 girls come from a family with some disposable income because you wouldn't see an ordinary working class lass wearing anything like these outfits.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.

Offline vmkarlsson

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 21 October 16 15:38 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much Jim for the info. At the moment they don't seem to fit into the family how I thought they would. But I have a few more that will be added on here shortly. Seems like they are the same family.
Sallis, Stanton, Andrews, Davenport, Hall, Rudge, Price, Rose, Bayliss, Taylor, Salt, Baskerfield, Webster, Burley, Hackett, Hill, Hodgetts, Stringer, Davis, Davies, Willetts, Ward, Edwards, Cushion/Cashan, Leary, Reddy, Elsmore, Rutter, Roberts, Gardner, Whitehead, Jones, Yarnold, Field, Briggs, Ketley, Halford, Beddell, Purcell, Williams, Lea, Slater, Crumpton, Horrobin, Snape, Millard, Shaw, Shore, Clifton, Thompson, Berrick------ WORCESTER, WARWICK, GLOUCESTER, WALES & IRELAND

Offline ScouseBoy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 21 October 16 16:06 BST (UK) »
I am interested particularly in the one from Rhyl, as I live near there.

Rhyl was a very  popular and bustling seaside holiday resort in the 19th century and much of the 20th century.  I wonder if she was there on holiday  or was she working in a local Rhyl hospital?
Nursall   ~    Buckinghamshire
Avies ~   Norwich

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 21 October 16 16:33 BST (UK) »
You may have to widen your search as often these come down a convoluted route. May be cousins, in-laws, 2nd. cousins. These were also sent to friends as well as family.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.