Author Topic: Marriage of Jane Winter and Joshua Fleming 1834.  (Read 849 times)

Offline Dhayedgar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Marriage of Jane Winter and Joshua Fleming 1834.
« on: Friday 28 October 16 17:08 BST (UK) »
I am hoping for some information on my relative, Joshua Fleming Born 1808c Died 1893, Portadown, County Armagh. I have researched him back to his wedding to Jane Winter, 11 Sept 1834, Drumannan/Drumherit/Drumherrif?? at Tartaraghan Church. I have researched all Internet sites and I am left with this wedding date, just wondering if anyone could help with information about either Joshua or Jane's parents or any information on the wedding details, what parish they were living at the time.   
Armour,Allan,Edgar,Mcgregor,Stevenson, Renfrew, Scotland
Peace, Orkney, Edinburgh, Scotland

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of Jane Winter and Joshua Fleming 1834.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 October 16 19:28 BST (UK) »
Drumannan is a townland in Tartaraghan parish. There is also a townland of Drumhariff nearby in the parish of Drumcree. So possibly in this case, the groom came from one parish and the bride from the other. Tradition was to marry in the bride’s.  Griffiths Valuation lists Joshua Fleming in Drumharriff in 1864 where he had a house (plot 7B(b).

http://www.askaboutireland.ie/griffith-valuation/index.xml

Drumcree and Tartaraghan Church of Ireland parish records have been copied and are in PRONI in Belfast. They are not on-line there and a personal visit is normally required to view them. Drumcree’s records go back to 1788, Tartaraghan to 1825.
Elwyn

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of Jane Winter and Joshua Fleming 1834.
« Reply #2 on: Friday 28 October 16 19:39 BST (UK) »
Freeholder Lists show a Sandy Fleming in Drummannon in 1828, the tenant of Joseph Atkinson; the life lease is in the names of Sandy and Joshua Fleming, so I'm supposing that Sandy (usually short for Alexander) is Joshua's father.