Author Topic: Invaluable source of information free until the end of December  (Read 8055 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Invaluable source of information free until the end of December
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 06 November 16 15:19 GMT (UK) »
Tried that thanks but it delivers an error.....your account is inactive, please register and pay.......
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 06 November 16 15:32 GMT (UK) »
Just noticed there is a link to a Twitter. On there it gives a user name and password for free weekend access: Username - freedays : Password - 2016-1410

Maybe worth giving a go to see if it works

Tried this myself and doesn't seem to work!

There is another email address you could try contacting for help sales[at]uk-genealogy-online.com

Hopefully they will fix this soon.

The only other alternative at the moment seems to be doing a months subscription for £3 http://www.ukgo7.com/register2016.html.

I have Replaced @ in email address with [at] in accordance with previous alteration to prevent spamming etc.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 06 November 16 16:54 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, given the parish records I'll probably sign up for a month and see what i can find. Thanks again for the link.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 06 November 16 23:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Just come across this

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hughwallis/IGIBatchNumbers/CountyCarmarthen.htm

Where you can search in individual parish records

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 08:34 GMT (UK) »
Seems to be working now.
Register and you should get an email confirming your login details and a link to the correct login page.
Login and main screen will appear but this time if you click on Carmarthenshire etc. You can access the records

When you login you may get a pop up advert if you haven't got some pop up blocker installed. If you do just close this window. I'll report this to them as I don't think it should be doing this

Would be interested to know if you can now register and access the records as well.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 09:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, will give it a go tonight (just got into work!).

I did get several pop up messages while i was trying to register, won an ipad and several other things!

Offline Pejic

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 09:28 GMT (UK) »
I got as far as the details for a parish in Carms (without any e:mail confirmation) but when I then tried a parish in Pembs I got back into the register loop.
Richard Wernham (Berkshire 18th century),
William Hissey (1805 to 1813, Hampstead Norris),
Kapirin (Siberia 19th Century),
Kitching 1850,
Mary Howse born 1806 ish,
Chris Truelove marr. John Pocock 2-7-1696, Kintbury, Berks

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 10:31 GMT (UK) »
I got as far as the details for a parish in Carms (without any e:mail confirmation) but when I then tried a parish in Pembs I got back into the register loop.

I can access Pembrokeshire records OK. You need to get an email confirmation, I think this confirms they have registered you for the free trial and provide you with the correct link to login using your details and complete the process.

Hopefully this will come through soon. If not, may be worth checking your email spam box. If not i would suggest maybe registering again under a different name in case you entered your email address incorrectly? The correct registration page should ask for your Name, Surname, Email address, Login (username) and password

Addendum:

Also just to say that there is an automatic time out (don't know how long), so if it senses a period of inactivity for a few minutes you will need to log back in

Offline Pejic

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 11:47 GMT (UK) »
Thanks roycymru - I have now received a couple of e:mails from genuki (which are going to need studying!), hopefully your good news and perseverance will be rewarded.
Richard Wernham (Berkshire 18th century),
William Hissey (1805 to 1813, Hampstead Norris),
Kapirin (Siberia 19th Century),
Kitching 1850,
Mary Howse born 1806 ish,
Chris Truelove marr. John Pocock 2-7-1696, Kintbury, Berks