Author Topic: A very elusive birth record - please help if you can!  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: A very elusive birth record - please help if you can!
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 24 November 16 00:16 GMT (UK) »
Yes thank you, I did see that Isobelw has kindly done Dec 1840 for me, I am now looking at the other months of Sept, Oct, Nov and Jan 1841.

That would have been the December quarter ...... you don't get individual months.

You might need to do the March 1841 quarter though in case it was a late registration (ie born late nov or dec 1840, not registered til jan/feb 1841). 
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Wood, who was your mother??
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 24 November 16 01:49 GMT (UK) »
I just looked through the GRO (with surnames taken from FreeBMD) for any William birth with mmn FLINN just in case she pretended to be married to his father (some did!) but I didn't see anything.

Offline Sprouted

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 24 November 16 09:34 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Ayashi. I am still going through just in case there are any names that I recognise. The name Flinn has also been mistranscribed a few times from Jelin to Fluno. I think after this final push it will come to a point where I will put it on the back burner for another year. Thanks for your efforts.
Lincolnshire: Harrison, Russell, Bates, Beecham, Ulyatt, Middlebrook
Cumberland: Flinn, Johnston, Sloan
Northumberland: Pilgrim, Archbold, Brewis, Bewick, Scott