Author Topic: kilpatrick/rocks  (Read 2202 times)

Offline huey1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
kilpatrick/rocks
« on: Friday 25 November 16 05:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Margaret Kilpatrick b31jul1868 Belfast parents Hugh and Eliz Kilpatrick m/s McCulloch/McCullough ( Family Search) listed as Kirkpatrick 
Margaret Flax Spinner age 23 married Felix Rocks age 24 Railway ?? 26oct1891 Johnstone Renfrewshire (SP) parents Peter and Eliz.Rocks
I have checked Scottish,English and Irish Census records,passenger list going to Canada Pier21 and also Ellis Island without any results.The only other info I have is on Margaret on the 1891 Scottish Census with mother Eliz,sister Ellen and a Granddaughter Eliz. Hoping for help in turning some info that I prob. missed hanks
huey1

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: kilpatrick/rocks
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 November 16 12:45 GMT (UK) »
Kirkpatrick and Kilpatrick are interchangeable in Ireland so you need to search under both spellings. (Robertson and Robinson are likewise interchangeable and you see some entries with one others a year or so later with the other).

The birth of Margaret Kirkpatrick was registered 31.7.1868. 51 Brookfield St, Belfast. Father Hugh a hackler, mother Eliza McCullough. You can view the birth cert free on this link:

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie

Can’t see the parents marriage in Irish civil records. A sibling: Sarah Anna Kirkpatrick was born Belfast 2.11.1870.

Can’t see Ellen’s birth in Irish civil records, 1864 onwards.
Elwyn

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 25 November 16 13:40 GMT (UK) »
Do you have them in the 1901 census address 5,Houston Square Johnstone Renfrewshire
Felix Rock age 34 born England ( gen stoker )
Margaret  Rock age 34 born England
Elizabeth Rock age 11 born Johnstone
Patrick 8, Alice age 6, Hugh 7months all born Johnstone Renfrewshire
Rosie

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 25 November 16 13:51 GMT (UK) »
Immigration Record for Patrick Rock Massachusetts
Patrick Rock age 36 born Johnstone occupation groom  contact details wife Mrs Euphemia Rocks 5,Houston Square Johnstone going to his father Felix Rocks address 589 E 2nd St Boston Mass
arrival date 10 August 1929 ship Transylvania

Alice also went out arrival date 6 July 1923 Boston going to her sister Elizabeth Beagley same address as above ship Samaria ..Contact details mother Margaret Rocks 5.Houston Square Johnstone Renfrewshire
Rosie

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 25 November 16 14:06 GMT (UK) »
Margaret Rock age 58 born Belfast arrival date 25/7/1926 ship Caledonia address came from Felix Rock 5,Houston Square Johnston Renfrewshire
Margaret Rock age 22 Thread maker ..going to Elizabeth Beagley 595,East 2nd St South Boston

Felix Rock age 61 born Durham England labourer address came from Patrick Rock 5.Houston Square Johnstone Renfrewshire ..going to wife Margaret Rock 146 K ST South Boston Mass
ship Transylvania arrival date 15/7/1928
Rosie

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 25 November 16 14:29 GMT (UK) »
1940 census Boston Suffolk Mass
Felex Rock age 74
Margaret Rock age 72
Hugh Rock age 40
Margaret Rock age 28
John Rock age 32

1930 Boston Suffolk Mass
Felix is down as Philip Rock age 63
Margaret 62 ,Alice 32 ,Hugh 26 Margaret 23 John 22 Jane 19
Rosie

Offline huey1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 27 November 16 00:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thx Elwyn and Rosie17 for all that great info,my problem not finding much was because I was using the spelling Rocks from the marriage cert.I do have the birth record for Sarah Anna and also for Ellen  22oct1855 Belfast ,using Rock I can see them on the 1901 census and also the 1911 one,i looks like Felix was on the Town Council as well as working at a gas station!                           
If I get this correctly it looks like Elizabeth Beagely, would be the granddaughter listed in the 1891S.P. census,she is recorded on the birth record on S.P.as Elizabeth Ellen Kirkpatrick (illegitimate)mother Margaret.Alice would be the first of the family to go to the USA in 1923 to see her,then Margaret age 58 and daughter Margaret age 22 in 1926 also to Eliz Beagley,then Felix in 1928 and Patrick in 1929,pls correct me if I am wrong.Not familiar with finding things in the US can you advise where to look for these types of records.Thanks once again for your help
huey1

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 27 November 16 10:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Huey yes I would say that is Margaret's daughter the family all went out to ..You could try www.family search.org which is free you should find them on the census records and immigration ..Also Ancestry or Find my Past ..had a quick look on SP for a marriage for Elizabeth but not seeing anything so far will have a look in Boston
Rosie

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 27 November 16 10:20 GMT (UK) »
Just found her marriage 8th February 1909 Boston Massachusetts
Elizabeth Kilpatrick age 19 ( domestic ) address 191 Sixth Street Boston father Philip Kilpatrick mother Margaret Rocks ..Spouse Thomas J Begley age 19 (teamster ) address 505 E Fifth Street father James J Begley mother Mary Walsh
Rosie