Author Topic: Look Up for birth or any siblings of Ralph Patterson abt 1815 Tweedmouth?  (Read 1616 times)

Offline geordiesue

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Look Up for birth or any siblings of Ralph Patterson abt 1815 Tweedmouth?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 22 December 16 21:24 GMT (UK) »
I think this is going to have to wait until the new year - I will be surrounded by family as of tomorrow, which is lovely but does not lend itself to genealogical puzzles  ;D

Someone else may come along in the meantime but otherwise I'll be back later - Happy Christmas  :)

Christine

Hi Christine
Thats fine. I understand what you mean. There dosen`t seem to be enough hours in the day. Hope you have a lovely Christmas  ;D

Susan

Offline russellte

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 23 December 16 23:43 GMT (UK) »
I've been trying to fit bits of your jigsaw together but got a bit lost off at the 'His g grandmother....'

What was her name and do you have age at death?

Christine

Hi Christine

I`ve been in touch with the tree holder and hes given me the certifcate which has the following information on

Place of Death - Wark, county of Robinson, commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Full Name- Mary Davidson
D.o.b= Sept 18 1823
D.o.d= April 24 1909
Aged 84 years 6 Months 10 days
Widow
Birthplace-England
Name of Father- Geo Patterson
Birthplace of father- England
Name of Mother -Mary Pigg
Birthplace of Mother= England
Cause of Death- General Prostration with Bronchitus to do with old age
Informant- Andrew Davidson

Mary Patterson was his 2nd great grandmother. She was married to Robert Davidson tho he hasnt found the marriage. In 1851 they were living in Seaton Delavel and in 1861 they were living in Nedderton. The census has place of birth as Tweedmouth which is where Ralph Patterson is from. I know that from Ralphs wedding to his 2nd wife Mary Emery that Ralphs fathers names George Patterson and his 1st son to his 1st wife was called George. There was a George and Mary Patterson living in Ford. If Georges wife was called Mary Pigg then it would fit in nicely with Ralphs son born in 1845 who was named Ralph Pigg Patterson. Also Mary Pigg was born 1786 in Ford and her fathers name was Ralph.

If anyone could help that would be brilliant

Susan
A slight geographic error.  Robinson is a Township in Washington County, Pennsylvania.

Offline russellte

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 24 December 16 15:01 GMT (UK) »
Christine, my name is Tom and I currently live in Akron, Ohio, USA.  Susan and I have been sharing information on the Patterson family.  Mary (Patterson) Davidson was my 2nd great grandmother. 
Mary Patterson
1823–1909
BIRTH 18 SEP 1823 • Tweedmouth, Northumberland, England
DEATH 28 APR 1909 • Robinson, Washington County, Pennsylvania, USA
I was able to find links to her parents, George Patterson and Mary Pigg through her Pennsylvania death certificate.  Not so lucky regarding her husband Robert Davidson who died in 1891.  Pennsylvania death certificates were recorded from 1906 forward. I have also tried to get information on their marriage date with no luck and when they emigrated with no luck, although her son came over in 1882.  I've searched the on line newspapers for an obituary for Robert with no luck so far.  I'm not even sure where he died.  One William Davidson that keeps showing up died in Australia???  Anyway, I'm willing to help any way I can.  Robinson Township is only about 100 miles east of here and I plan to make a research road trip but first I need to get my ducks in a row to set up local contacts, resources etc.  Let me know how I can help and I'll do my best.  And, thank you and Susan for all your help.  Tom