Author Topic: Downton OPC ... a question  (Read 848 times)

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Downton OPC ... a question
« on: Tuesday 29 November 16 06:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello there.....

I have attempted to look at the pdf supplied on Wiltshire OPC site for " Baptisms   1599-1624 "
as part of that websites transcriptions offered....

There is a point which needs to be clarified.......   Is the pdf showing the way the register is in current format without years, dates or surnames OR has there been a boo boo in selecting the data from the transcribers computer to make the pdf ?????

I know some registers get damage but I was hoping to check that part of the register for an illusive family branch....

thank you for any clarifications of folk who either transcribed the data or have viewed the register or who have read the microfilm.......

fastfusion
 ::)

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Downton OPC ... a question
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 November 16 06:43 GMT (UK) »
It does look as though some columns have been left off of the transcription data?!
Cross-checking with the 1625-1649 pdf, the columns missing appear to be:
Year
Date
Surname
Given Name
Sex
Surname of Father

There is no current OPC for Downton with Standlynch, so you might be best to contact them through an email or by making a comment on the Downton page?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Downton OPC ... a question
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 November 16 06:47 GMT (UK) »
Thanks KG.

I have sent a message from the drop down box at the bottom of the page
Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072