Author Topic: DRAGO family Malta  (Read 2665 times)

Offline niftynannie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
DRAGO family Malta
« on: Wednesday 30 November 16 22:28 GMT (UK) »
I,m trying to find the best site to access Births, Deaths, Marriages and Census from Malta. I'm trying to trace Natalino Drago Born 24th Feb 1896, Tripoli, Libya, also Rosario Drago Born 7th May 1861, Tripoli, Libya. Anthony Drago Born 6th Febuary 1806 Born in Malta. I would appreciate any help you can give.

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: DRAGO FAMILY MALTA
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 December 16 08:57 GMT (UK) »

You might get some advice here:

https://identitymalta.com/public-registry/
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rover

• RootsChat Member
  • Life is a journey, not a guided tour
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 01 December 16 09:30 GMT (UK) »
I can help you with some good advice

As for Natalino b 1896 in Tripoli and Rosario Drago b 1861 in Tripoli. I have a friend of mine who lived in Egypt for many years, he now lives in Australia. He has carried out a lot of research on Maltese families who lived in Egypt and Libya.  He may be able to help you. If you are interested, I can send you his name and address in Melbourne.
As for Anthony Drago b 1806 in Malta, the best way is to write to St Paul's Church in Valletta Malta.
You'll find the address online.  Give them all the detail plus enclose a 10 Euro note and a stamped addressed envelope. They'll send you a copy of his birth record.
St Paul's Church have a complete copy of B-M-D-s records from every parish in Malta going back to 1560.
Don't just write a letter without enclosing a Euro note cause you wont get a reply. Don't send an Email.

You may have to wait a two or three weeks for a reply.
--
Isle of Wight :-  Walker ~  Mursell ~ Whelan ~ Coxhead ~ Silsbury
Berks :-  Upton ~ Cannon ~ Gleed ~ Coxhead ~
Hamps :-  Loader ~ Kibby / Kebby ~  
Liverpool :-   Branson ~
London :-  Walker ~ Hood ~ Loader ~ Coxhead
England :-  Cook ~ McAuliffe ~ Herbert
Wales Glamorgan :-  Phillips ~ Poustie ~
Scotland :-  Poustie ~ Telford ~ Telfer ~
Malta :-   Bartolo ~ Sultana ~ Herbert ~ Cook ~ Casha

Worldwide :-  Poustie ~ Pousty ~ Coxhead.

Offline niftynannie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 11 December 16 01:21 GMT (UK) »
I can help you with some good advice

As for Natalino b 1896 in Tripoli and Rosario Drago b 1861 in Tripoli. I have a friend of mine who lived in Egypt for many years, he now lives in Australia. He has carried out a lot of research on Maltese families who lived in Egypt and Libya.  He may be able to help you. If you are interested, I can send you his name and address in Melbourne.
As for Anthony Drago b 1806 in Malta, the best way is to write to St Paul's Church in Valletta Malta.
You'll find the address online.  Give them all the detail plus enclose a 10 Euro note and a stamped addressed envelope. They'll send you a copy of his birth record.
St Paul's Church have a complete copy of B-M-D-s records from every parish in Malta going back to 1560.
Don't just write a letter without enclosing a Euro note cause you wont get a reply. Don't send an Email.

You may have to wait a two or three weeks for a reply.
--
I would appreciate if you could give me the address of your friend in Melbourne. who may be able to help me, Regards Niftynannie