Author Topic: Battle of Medenine 2nd Battalion Scots Guards.  (Read 3062 times)

Offline cartridge_uk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Medenine 2nd Battalion Scots Guards.
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 06 December 16 16:15 GMT (UK) »
thanks for this link  http://scotsguards.org/history/archives/
I have requested information from here.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 06 December 16 23:08 GMT (UK) »
Cartridge, if you can find no trace of his wife and children, have you considered the possibility that she may have remarried?

It can be difficult to search for more recent records, but if you are specifically looking for his wife and any living descendants, then it might be worth starting a new thread, maybe in the Common Room.

Exchanging any details may need to be done via PM in case any of the people are still living, but you can use initials to make it a bit easier to follow.

Though not essential, you might like to provide a link to this thread just to give a bit of background to the search.

Offline cartridge_uk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 07 December 16 01:21 GMT (UK) »
oh she may have remarried. but the original marriage record and the birth of the children should still be there. His birth also. His sisters are both there so I dont understand why his is not.
I am considering the possibility that maybe he wasnt married and therefore I wouldnt be able to find a record of that and the children may be registered then under the mothers name. but his birth should be as his sister was 1912, him about 1916 and the other sister 1921. I am confused. It doesnt help that much that the family seem to use Jim, James and John as being the same name as they did Mary and Maria or Ria and sally could also be Sarah. My mother was adopted but by her mother cousin. her mother Nancy is still there and her original birth but James......I cant find anything

Offline cartridge_uk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 07 December 16 01:22 GMT (UK) »
only his military record is there and maybe when I get the full details of that it might shed some light on the situation.

Offline Drew5233

• RootsChat Veteran
  • How Many Hours in Spits?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 09 December 16 02:39 GMT (UK) »
Just some additional info re Service Records. The MoD do not hold Guards service records in Glasgow. They are held by the Guards RHQ at Wellington Barracks in London.

Offline StewartSaxon

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 05 February 17 18:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, I don't have any information regarding the Battle of Medenine, but believe your great uncle, James Skelly could be my husbands Grandfather!! The information he has about his Grandfather is sketchy to say the least!!
We do have a possible wedding certificate and birth records for 2 children(one of them being my husbands mother).
It would be wonderful if we could confirm that they are one and the same James Skelly!
We hope to hear from you soon, even if it is to say that they are not.