Author Topic: Looking for ancestors of Joseph Jones born 1874 Liverpool  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Susantina

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for ancestors of Joseph Jones born 1874 Liverpool
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 06 September 17 14:56 BST (UK) »
Oh hi thank you for getting back to me . Iv come to the conclusion that my family tree is wrong yes I knew about Robert and Florence not marrying till 1933 and  did wonder why. I did think I was on the right track until I did my DNA test . My results have come back and no matches to my jones tree  so up loaded to gedmatch and a load of jones popped up Hannah finch Mary jones ,Jane jones so now in stuck all I knew of my dad was his name Thomas Howard jones and the date he died .

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 06 September 17 16:04 BST (UK) »
Did your father marry anyone?  If so, what was his father's name and occupation on the marriage certificate? 

Debra  :)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Susantina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 06 September 17 16:12 BST (UK) »
I didn't get that as I knew when they married never thought of getting it for confirmation of names

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 06 September 17 20:22 BST (UK) »
Do you have your fathers full birth certificate confirming his parents as Robert Joseph Jones and Florence Wilson?   And, if so, what is Robert Joseph's occupation?

I can't see a likely entry on 1939 Register for a Robert and Florence in Liverpool so maybe the marriage certificate 1933 is the way to go if you are sure this couple are Thomas' parents.

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sue 123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 08 September 17 09:08 BST (UK) »
Oh hi thank you for getting back to me . Iv come to the conclusion that my family tree is wrong yes I knew about Robert and Florence not marrying till 1933 and  did wonder why. I did think I was on the right track until I did my DNA test . My results have come back and no matches to my jones tree  so up loaded to gedmatch and a load of jones popped up Hannah finch Mary jones ,Jane jones so now in stuck all I knew of my dad was his name Thomas Howard jones and the date he died .

Hi,

As you can see from this thread I also got into a mess with the Jones!!! I had a Joseph Jones ( grandad in L'pool) who I thought had ancestors being Robert Jones & his wife Hannah Finch in the 1800s. However I think I had gone up the wrong tree as I am now looking at another group of Jones who were boilermakers.
Good luck as there are so many Jones's!!!!