Author Topic: Looking for any records birth/ census/ marriage on the Lindsay family of Clonmel  (Read 644 times)

Offline Katsy8

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I'm trying to find a marriage between a Robert Lindsay and a Mary Dora Chadwick,or any birth record for their children Nicholas,Dora,Margaret,Andrew and Dutton born between 1831-1838. All children bar Nicholas were placed in the hands of the Protestant Orphan society .The girls were eventually shipped to Australia and Nicholas & Dutton went to America. Andrew was withdrawn from Orphanage & taken by friends. I can't seem to find any information apart from the children names listed with the society & their fathers occupation as a Land Steward.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for any records birth/ census/ marriage on the Lindsay family of Clonmel
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 December 16 19:53 GMT (UK) »
I'm trying to find a marriage between a Robert Lindsay and a Mary Dora Chadwick,or any birth record for their children Nicholas,Dora,Margaret,Andrew and Dutton born between 1831-1838. All children bar Nicholas were placed in the hands of the Protestant Orphan society .The girls were eventually shipped to Australia and Nicholas & Dutton went to America. Andrew was withdrawn from Orphanage & taken by friends. I can't seem to find any information apart from the children names listed with the society & their fathers occupation as a Land Steward.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

... but you have already been given the marriage-
Have found a marriage.
Cashel & Emly
Robert Lindsay
Mary Chadwick.

Five pages on that thread with LOTS of family information  :-\
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Katsy8

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for any records birth/ census/ marriage on the Lindsay family of Clonmel
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 December 16 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Thanks aghadowey unfortunately I haven't located that record do you have any suggestions where to find it? Have checked family search & National Library records . Am still intrigued with what became of Andrew Lindsay born 1837in Clonmel & taken by friends from orphanage.
I have gone a long way following the lives of his siblings but still have no idea of locating the family all together prior to 1841 and what became of the parents.

Offline Katsy8

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 18 December 16 22:03 GMT (UK) »
Wow thank you soo much Sinann .am trying to pick up the trail again from where I left off some months ago.
Greatly appreciated 👏👏👏