Author Topic: Weatherhead family in Tynemouth  (Read 8860 times)

Offline tamarakel

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Weatherhead family in Tynemouth
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 19:53 GMT (UK) »
I am sorry if I bombarded you guys with information  :o I didn't mean to do that..I just got so excited about finding out things :)

So @tikkety boo aka boo :)

"Which James Weatherhead?
If it was the one previously discussed, son of Joseph and Elizabeth who was baptised 10 Jun 1821 at Berwick upon Tweed, then did your info about the sentence come from the newspaper report in 1847? If so then that case was held at North Shields Police Court and he was sentenced to the House of Correction. That would be a general local prison, not specific to any one section of those sentenced."

Yes the james weatherhead that was in prison in 1847...@Millmoor I will read the info about the prison at North shields and thank you for the tip on the workhouse...and I will check in canada, couldn't find him in new brunswick but I can try the rest of the provinces :) and other countries

@Sandra

I saw Anthony Willliam's wagner's father's name (george wagner) on marriage registration..I don't know what george did for a living...

Kelly, Weatherhead, Wagner, Russell, Smiles (Smailes)

Offline tamarakel

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 20:02 GMT (UK) »
@millmoor "Added - There does seem to be at least one other Weatherhead family of mariners in Berwick upon Tweed in the same sort of time frame - father Thomas and son William. There may, of course, be no connection but it might be an angle worth pursuing."

I will definitely check that option as well..I did notice them too

@suzard "there is an Emily Wagner who married at same place as Anthony William Wagner - she married in 1876 -her father was John Wagner
It looks like Emily's parents were John & Mary Wagner - b Germany
There is also a Doris Wagner who is a lodger in same area - maybe they were related??"

I will check that family as well, thank you all so much for your help, I'm, as you can tell, a beginner and I need all the help I can get...I can tell you this..this info has not been know in almost 100 years to my family so it is pretty amazing!

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 20:08 GMT (UK) »

Quote - I saw Anthony Willliam's wagner's father's name (george wagner) on marriage registration..I don't know what george did for a living..

That doesn't sound as if you have seen the actually marriage certificate  ???

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline tamarakel

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 20:09 GMT (UK) »
@sandra, I apologize if I didn't get the term correct as I said I am just learning here, please be patient with me, thank you

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 20:18 GMT (UK) »
I was just trying to find out if you have the actually marriage certificate (rather than just the family search entry). That would give us the occupation of George (father) or Anthony William Wagner  ???
Every small clue helps.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 20:21 GMT (UK) »
@sandra, I apologize if I didn't get the term correct as I said I am just learning here, please be patient with me, thank you

Can you tell us what and where the record was that gave you this information? The terminology does
vary from place to place.

Boo

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 20:25 GMT (UK) »
Did Anthony William Wagner - use the christian name William rather than Anthony ?
I ask because I can see a William Wagnor (slight spelling variation) and Elizabeth Wagner (age slightly out) who arrived Ontario, Canada in 1871 ? Would like to find the passenger list to see if it was just the two of them travelling or were there other family members.

Sandra

Offline tamarakel

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 20:27 GMT (UK) »
I got the info from Family Search and from findmypast.co.uk.. they found it from here...England Marriages 1538-1973 Transcription

Offline middlesbrough

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 20:33 GMT (UK) »
I noticed from Elizabeth's marriage record  her fathers name is given as William. You could very well be right.