Author Topic: McPhee/McAfee - Neill (Donaghcloney)  (Read 3291 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McPhee/McAfee - Neill (Donaghcloney)
« Reply #18 on: Monday 16 January 17 20:48 GMT (UK) »
A man multitasking!!   ;D
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline KatC

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 16 January 17 22:31 GMT (UK) »
Donaghcloney Church of Ireland  April 19? 1854 John baptizeedd by Henry and Eliza McAfee Tullyheron

There is another child in 1856, probably February.  I think it is Elizabeth something.  The middle name perhaps  starts with a Ble (then 2 letters) and ends with a Y.  Henry and Eliza McAfee  Tullyheron  Same church.

The records I have go up to July 1856, so you'll have to find another source.  I can check to see if McAfee went to that church earlier but my baptisms begin 1829, so I may not catch Henry's baptism. I have marriages for a longer stretch, but assume you have any records of a later date.

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 16 January 17 22:49 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for those.  Birth dates are fluid, as I have John born about 1856. Next child is about 1858 is named Margaret, but there could be one in between.  Prior to 1856 are Alice and Henry.  Since Henry and Eliza were married in 1845, there must be children between 1846 and 1854. Appreciate the help.  I only just found their marriage a couple of days ago, so searching in this area is new to me.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 16 January 17 22:59 GMT (UK) »
Did they all leave Ireland before marrying?

Could there be marriages for them online??
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 16 January 17 23:04 GMT (UK) »
The earliest I find them is in the 1881 Scottish census in Glasgow, with the ones I know about all unmarried, altho' I think Henry Jr. was married and widowed, as there is a grandson in the household.  I thought I had accounted for all of the children until I found Eliza and Henry's marriage in 1845 which leaves a gap of about five years before the children I have listed begin to appear.

Offline KatC

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 16 January 17 23:29 GMT (UK) »
Donaghcloney Church of Ireland
Alice bapt Aug 26, 1846  Henry and Elizabeth McAfee Banogue
Elizabeth  bapt Sept 3, 1851  Tullyheron

Did not see Henry

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 16 January 17 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Super.  Much appreciated.  Alice got younger and younger as she got older!  And I didn't have Elizabeth.

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 20:03 GMT (UK) »
Donaghcloney Church of Ireland  April 19? 1854 John baptizeedd by Henry and Eliza McAfee Tullyheron

There is another child in 1856, probably February.  I think it is Elizabeth something.  The middle name perhaps  starts with a Ble (then 2 letters) and ends with a Y.  Henry and Eliza McAfee  Tullyheron  Same church.

The records I have go up to July 1856, so you'll have to find another source.  I can check to see if McAfee went to that church earlier but my baptisms begin 1829, so I may not catch Henry's baptism. I have marriages for a longer stretch, but assume you have any records of a later date.

I see on the marriage of Annabella McPhee and Thomas Anderson in Glasgow in 1886 that one of the witnesses is Elizabeth Bleaney McPhee, so that's the baptism in February 1856 that you found.

Offline jackolyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 16 August 17 21:58 BST (UK) »
Hello Eileen,
I have information on Walter Hugh McPhee, son of Henry McPhee and Elizabeth O'Neill. I just got through posting some of it on Wiki Tree. Here is the link ..
https://www.wikitree.com/index.php?title=McPhee-548&public=1
My main research is with the Cumberford/Cummerford etc families. I am more than willing to share information on this family. If you are interested, please contact me either through Wiki Tree or direct at smith27 at myemc.net....written as such to avoid the email being "picked up".