Author Topic: Eleanor Nolan born 1801 Roscommon  (Read 282 times)

Offline mary1170

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Eleanor Nolan born 1801 Roscommon
« on: Thursday 19 January 17 02:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have been researching Eleanor Nolan for over 20 years and still cannot find any information prior to her coming to Australia....
Eleanor was convicted at Roscommon for 7 years (apparently for stealing half a loaf of bread) and the ship set sail on 25 July 1821 - John Bull.
I know that she was 20 years old in 1821 therefor her birth must have been circa 1801.
I have searched many Irish records but with no luck.
I would like to know her roots, her parents, brothers sisters....also the records of her trial.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Mary

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Eleanor Nolan born 1801 Roscommon
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 January 17 09:39 GMT (UK) »
Are there any documents that would have any family info - like a marriage, did she marry in Australia? 
I don't know what Australian marriage certificates contain but a fathers name at least might help.
Hinchliffe Huddersfield Wiltshire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 January 17 09:47 GMT (UK) »
If she married Edward Taylor 1824 there is a family tree with her parents as Herbert Nowland and Adeline Eleanor Ward but I would take that with a pinch of salt as the birth dates for the parents are after hers!
Hinchliffe Huddersfield Wiltshire

Offline mary1170

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 19 January 17 10:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Unfortunately the marriage certificates from then only have limited information on them, if its any help Eleanor was a protestant.
I have tried so many avenues without success.
I would love to see a copy of the trial.
Cheers
Mary