Author Topic: Mallett,Gowing,Hanton,at Reedham  (Read 6483 times)

Offline aldamile

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Mallett,Gowing,Hanton,at Reedham
« on: Tuesday 26 July 05 14:10 BST (UK) »
Hi There ,I have been able to find most of my Hanton ancestors ,from the birth of Benjamin Hanton, b1816,whose parents were Benjamin and Christianna ,now I would like to find out about William Gowing, b,1804 and his wife Providence, b 1808 ,I only know of their daughter Elizabeth who married William Mallett ,they  had a daughter ,Susan Mallett b,1847 m,1867 d 1879 ,she was my grandfathers mother ,and married George Hanton .

Offline jericho

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mallett,Gowing,Hanton,at Reedham
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 July 05 21:13 BST (UK) »
1851 census, looks like a  William Mallet was living with Elizabeth's Parents.

William  GOWING   Head   M   47   M   Market Mann   Billockby-NFK
Providence  GOWING   Wife   M   43   F   Market Woman   Reedham-NFK
William  MALLETT   Lodg   -   12   M   Servant   Reedham-NFK

Reedham Blofield, Norfolk
HO/107/1819 Folio 347 Page 5

Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jericho

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 July 05 21:41 BST (UK) »
found this Susan Mallett living next door to William and Prudence Gowing,

Elizabeth  MALLETT   (Head)   W   70   F   ---   Barnham Broom-NFK
Stephen  LAWS   Lodg   U   26   M   Labourer (Rail R)   Reedham-NFK
Susan  MALLETT   GDau   -   4   F   ---   Reedham-NFK

Reedham Blofield, Norfolk
HO/107/1819 Folio 347 Page 5

having trouble finding Elizabeth And William, do you have a birth date for Elizabeth to help find her.
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aldamile

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 28 July 05 15:15 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the info ,I have not been able to collect much data ,however the 1881 census ,shows that  at, 30 Low Farm road .
Providence Gowing , Head , 76,  retired marketer .
Robert Mallett , boarder, 13, gardener
Benjamin Hanton, boarder , 2.
The children were my grandfather and his half brother ,Their mother Susan had died the previous year,and George their Father was boarding with his sister ,with him his two other children Elizabeth and Edward    .
I recently went to Reedham and found the headstones of both William and Providence, William died in 1875 and his wife in 1887 I have been unable to find out dates for  Susan and William Mallett birth s etc

Offline aldamile

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 02 August 05 14:30 BST (UK) »
Hi ,do I have egg on my face ,certainly have ,But now I have the mystery of finding out the parents of Susan Mallett ,as the census shows she lived with her grandmother ,can anyone help
  Love from Daphne

Offline Zombiewoof

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 06 August 10 22:56 BST (UK) »
Hi I realize this may be abit late but Susan Mallett is my GG Grandmother. Married to George Hanton. Thier daughter Elizabeth b. 4 Dec 1870 married Alfred George Gravener b. 16 July 1870 had 2 children. Elizabeth Hilda Gravener b. 17 Dec 1904 (my Grandmother), an Alfred Gravener who died at abt. 21. However Elizabeth went on to marry Edward Charles Roberts and had 4 children one who is my mother. I do have some dates of George and 2nd wife Emma Elizabeth Smith children if you are interested. I have some photos of Elizabeth Hanton and her family and of her brother Edward (Ted) and his wife Alice with thier 3 children. I too would be happy to swop info and confirm some of my own findings, sometimes these things send you up a dead end. Hope this has been of some help.Zombiewoof
Alfred George Gravener b.1870, Benj Hanton b. abt1791,  James Roberts b. abt 1843, Jane Keymor b. abt 1843

Offline aldee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 14 October 10 11:51 BST (UK) »
Hi , Gosh I did'nt realise someone had replied to my request , well a lot has happened recently , I think I have found Benjamin , not born in Upton and not in 1791 , but born in Dickleburgh oct 1786 to John and Elizabeth .
I have been  in touch with Glenna ,not so much since she married last year ,   she has passed on the info you have put in your reply , So now we have the three of Susan and George's children's children (so to speak) . Amazing really !!!
Are you on GenesReunited ?
please keep in touch regards from Daphne

/