Author Topic: Billingshurst Parish Register Look up (1790-1810)  (Read 2991 times)

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Billingshurst Parish Register Look up (1790-1810)
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 January 17 00:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I'm happy to help. Can check for baptisms at Billingshurst on the Sussex Family History Group baptismal index for you  :)

Hi

Thanks for that. I will let you know the names tomorrow. There are only a couple and [I think] I can give you approximate dates.

Matt

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 25 January 17 00:04 GMT (UK) »
Billingshurst Bts can be accessed via the catalogue on family search (enter Billingshurst in search box and then select church records followed by the bts. Scroll down until you see a camera icon, click on it and you can view all 966 images. It will ask you to sign in -if you do not have an account it is free!).

William

Hi

Thanks that is brilliant news. I just found some wills on there but didn't realise they had the Billingshurst PRs as well. This will certainly save some time for me and others. Unfortunately some of the events I am looking for [or want to check] are before this date [mainly between 1590-1650], but it will definitely help.

Thanks again
Matt

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad - 9 times Mayor of Arundel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 25 January 17 09:44 GMT (UK) »
Glad to help.
Redman, Jupp, Brockhurst of West Sussex
Moore County Down. Redman of Posey, Indiana, USA Emigrated 1820

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 26 January 17 12:48 GMT (UK) »
Matt I have CD of st Mary's Billingshurst. Baptisms 1591-1886. Will look tomorrow if you want.

Hi

Can I ask you to check for a possible burial in Billingshurst in the 1630s and 40s?

I am trying to trace my ancestor Anne Draper who was born in the 1630s and married in 1659. The problem I have is that I found two candidates for Ann.

Ann Draper chr Jan 1631/2 - daughter of John

Ann Draper chr Mar 1634/5 - daughter of Samuel.

Samuel and John appear to have been brothers as both were the children of Peter and Ellen Draper.

If you can see a burial for one of those Ann Drapers as a child it would help me work out which is mine.

Many thanks
Matt

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 26 January 17 13:11 GMT (UK) »
Matt, will have a look this afternoon.

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 26 January 17 14:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Matt.

This is what I found however spelling is  different but close enough I think to be your Anne's.

Anne Drapier bap. 19/1/1632  Father John
Anne Drapier bap1/3/1634 Father Samuel

Can find no infant deaths under Drapier or Draper. 

There are quite  a few Drapiers and Drapers maybe the same family different spelling.

I also found a John Drapier son of Peter born 20-/10/1594  Death 6/12/1669.  This could be  the father of first Anne.

Without knowing what you know I will stop.  I don't want to tell you what you already know.  Anything else you want looking up just let me know.

Jane

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 27 January 17 00:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Matt.

This is what I found however spelling is  different but close enough I think to be your Anne's.

Anne Drapier bap. 19/1/1632  Father John
Anne Drapier bap1/3/1634 Father Samuel

Can find no infant deaths under Drapier or Draper. 

There are quite  a few Drapiers and Drapers maybe the same family different spelling.

I also found a John Drapier son of Peter born 20-/10/1594  Death 6/12/1669.  This could be  the father of first Anne.

Without knowing what you know I will stop.  I don't want to tell you what you already know.  Anything else you want looking up just let me know.

Jane

Thanks for that. I know that Ann Draper married John Penfold of Billingshurst on 15 May 1658 in Billingshurst.

The question is which Ann is this?

I also know that Samuel Draper married Dorothy Knight in Billingshurst in 1627 and that Peter Draper married Ellen (or Ellyn) Greenfield in Billingshurst in 1582.

Any other help you can give would be welcomed.

Matt

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 27 January 17 09:40 GMT (UK) »
Matt,

I will see what I can find out from CD. 

I have  Greenfield in my tree, but it was a very common name in that area.

Back later

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 27 January 17 14:42 GMT (UK) »
Matt

I see you have two post covering the same topic.  The first being Draper Look up Billingshurst.  I wish I had seen that before I replied to this one. 

I think maybe I have been wasting my time on this thread as it was covered in the first one.  And you know a lot more than I realised.  I see you had a lot of replies. I have not read them but probably what I have to say has been covered.

I found the baptisms of John's children Anne and Peter and Samuel's children John, Anne and Sarah. You asked for a possible infant death for one of the Anne's however they were baptised 1532 and 1535  my CD starts at 1591. The marriage of Anne and John Penfold is on the CD but nothing else is noted to say which Anne it was.

I trawled through the Births, marriages and deaths and found Drapier, Draper, Drayper and Drap? 

Happy Hunting