Author Topic: Framlingham Baptism Lookup  (Read 1007 times)

Offline sak

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Framlingham Baptism Lookup
« on: Monday 30 January 17 11:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Does anyone have access to the baptism records for Framlingham? I am looking for a George Kerridge/Kerrich born possibly February 1702/3. I am hoping he might be the man I am looking for.

Many thanks if anyone can help.

Sue.

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
Re: Framlingham Baptism Lookup
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 January 17 18:29 GMT (UK) »
Checked all Kerridge baptisms from 1699 - 1708

1700 Francis son of Thomas and Mary Kerridge (Labourer) 7th July

1702 Sarah 25th May all as above

1708 Joseph 9th May all as above

There were Independent folk in the town, they later formed the Congregational Church.

SM ...

Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

Offline sak

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 30 January 17 18:35 GMT (UK) »
No George then. I may have been given duff information unfortunately.

Thanks very much for checking for me.

Sue.

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 January 17 19:19 GMT (UK) »
 ;D
Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

Offline Dulverton

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: George Kerridge- Baptism Lookup
« Reply #4 on: Friday 07 April 17 16:40 BST (UK) »
Sue,
Are you sure that George was baptised in Fram? There was a George baptised 30 August 1701 to Oliver & Rebecca at Kelsale.
The Kerridge family were to be found living in Dennington, Saxtead, Burgate,Thorndon, Henley,  Monk Soham, Badingham, Brundish, Framsden, Marlesford, Wilby, Kelsale, Peasenhall, Sibton, Cratfield, Rendham, Earl Soham through the ages. You will even find a memorial stone for Thomas & Jane Kerridge of Shelley Hall in Framlingham church (go to https://www.flickr.com/photos/52219527@N00/9492183977
In the 19th century the Kerridge family of Framlingham were in the butchery trade, before the children moved away to London in the 1850/1860's. The Kerridge family married into many of the well known local families including, Bolton, Turner, Wightman, Newson Gooch, Bloss, Read, Norman, Beecroft, Baldry, Feveryear, Mantle, Smythe, Stannard & Rose

Offline sak

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 07 April 17 21:23 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. No, i'm not sure where my George Kerridge was baptised unfortunately. He was my 7 X great grandfather and I believe married 1) Hannah Browne of Benhall who died 1730, daughter of Richard Browne, Gent and his wife Elizabeth Coggeshall. Hannah's gravestone says George was of Sutton, Suffolk. He then went on to marry Mary Burwell of Sutton, Suffolk, and farmed her fathers land at Pettistree Hall, Sutton. He died 1738 and she went on to marry William Edgar, Gent of Great Glenham. I could not find a baptism for him in Sutton. The Burwell family were quite prominent in Suffolk so I think that George must have come from a well to do family. I can find no link to the Kerridge family of Shelley Hall.
The George Bap 20/2/1703, Framingham, son of Thomas Kerridge, I wondered about because the family were Independents in the town and helped form the Congregational Church there.
George Kerridge and Mary Burwell's descendants were Wesleyans so I wondered if there could be a connection.
I was interested that you say the Kerridge's married into the Read family. A Jane Read was a witness to Mary Kerridge's marriage to Edward Edwards 8/6/1763 in Sutton. Mary was the daughter and heiress of George Kerridge and Mary Burwell. Do you know anything about the Read family?
I'm clutching at any straws with this one but thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sue.