Author Topic: McAuliffe  (Read 458 times)

Offline Craigellachie2019

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McAuliffe
« on: Tuesday 31 January 17 11:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello - I am trying to fill in some gaps on my McAuliffe line.  John b 1818 Ireland was my 3rd gr grandfather, his son John Florence my 2nd, Dominic my great and Leslie Dominic known as Roy my grandfather.  I have recently done a DNA test and have been in contact with some distant cousins and whereas in the past I was really only trying to do my direct line, I would love now to try to put everyone in and maybe help others fill in their blank boxes. 
Scotland: Stewart, Smith, Edward, Barron, Macdonald, Sinclair, Millar/Miller, Ross, Salmon(d), Cuthel, Cuthill, Macalister, McAlaster, McAllister, Forsyth, Haddow, Todd, Aitken, Gartshore, Mackie, Strang
England: Lucas, Parkinson, Nicholls
Ireland: Keys, McAuliffe, Achilles, Fenner/Fannin, Halpin
Germany: Achilles, Bartels, Barthold, Pralow, Schreiber, Kloth, Cords

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McAuliffe
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 31 January 17 12:32 GMT (UK) »
Is this your family?

Arriving on "Herald", Sydney, 1845

McAULIFFE Thomas  43yrs read/write, farm labourer
McAULIFFE Mary 33yrs, read, dairywoman
McAULIFFE Florence 4yrs
McAULIFFE Jeremiah 10mths
McAULIFFE Margaret 11yrs
McAULIFFE Deborah 9yrs
McAULIFFE Mary 6yrs           all native place Cork, all RC.

You need to use BDM  NSW to identify descendants. Also use TROVE for newspaper references.  There are some distinctive names to work with.

Offline Craigellachie2019

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: McAuliffe
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 31 January 17 12:46 GMT (UK) »
No sorry - John Florence came out with his wife Mary.  I'd like to concentrate on the ones who were part of that family - most of which stayed in Qld.  Some went to WA I have been told.  I have done heaps of Qld BDM searching, but there are a few similar names with years not too far apart who I can't determine between, so was hoping those who are under the John Florence umbrella may put up their hand as a descendant of one of his sons or daughters.  I have lots, but still have a few gaps to fill.
Scotland: Stewart, Smith, Edward, Barron, Macdonald, Sinclair, Millar/Miller, Ross, Salmon(d), Cuthel, Cuthill, Macalister, McAlaster, McAllister, Forsyth, Haddow, Todd, Aitken, Gartshore, Mackie, Strang
England: Lucas, Parkinson, Nicholls
Ireland: Keys, McAuliffe, Achilles, Fenner/Fannin, Halpin
Germany: Achilles, Bartels, Barthold, Pralow, Schreiber, Kloth, Cords