Author Topic: George blenkinsopp  (Read 3468 times)

Offline Jennarembailey

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George blenkinsopp
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 05 February 17 21:27 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Boo
For the two links, they were a great help.
2 Children were named in the will. Which confirmed names I have previously found. I then looked at their wills, also I had a quick look thru some of the wills in the area and found lots of linked names.
under Blenkinsopp, Coulter and Leaton. It also resolved some assumptions I had made with regards to repeated names, finding some were of another generation in the same family.
So I am currently putting them into family groups.
Regards Jenny
Blenkinsopp: Whickham & Co Durham
Leaton: Co Durham & Northumberland
Blenkinsopp Leaton: Co Durham & Northumberland & London.
Powell: London & Surrey
Vincent: St Oysth & London
Buckfield: Sutton Surrey & London,

Offline Jennarembailey

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 February 17 21:35 GMT (UK) »
Boo
Shafto Coulter is a relative, Elizabeth's 1st cousin and is the executor in many of the family wills.
Regards Jenny
Blenkinsopp: Whickham & Co Durham
Leaton: Co Durham & Northumberland
Blenkinsopp Leaton: Co Durham & Northumberland & London.
Powell: London & Surrey
Vincent: St Oysth & London
Buckfield: Sutton Surrey & London,

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 06 February 17 00:11 GMT (UK) »
Pleased it helped and hope perusing wills will get you a little further forward.
Its hard on the eyes, but interesting, and often informative to look through them :-)

Boo

Offline holdersantiques

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 22 October 19 12:59 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I stumbled across this thread when researching an antique silver magnifying glass that I've just purchased at a French antiques fair & thought that you might be interested in it as it is part of your family history. It is engraved 'Geo(rge) Blenkinsopp, NEWCASTLE 1742' so it was owned by your ancestor! If you are interested in acquiring it then I am offering you the chance before I offer it for sale on the open market.
Warmest regards & thanks,
Matthew Holder

(Sorry for the repost but because I noticed you haven't been active for a while, I wanted to make sure that you saw this.)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 22 October 19 13:12 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat Matthew:-)
That was really kind of you to post, though Jenny hasn't been in here for over a year, as long as her email address is still active she will get (as I did) a notification of your post as a new reply to a thread she was involved in.
Fingers crossed she gets the notification and comes back. I know I'd be thrilled to even get a picture of such a lovely link to the past. Its also possible to communicate with her about the item via the Private Messaging system once you have made 3 posts - but again whether or not she receives the notification of a new PM would depend on her email address still being valid.

Explanation of PMs is here:
https://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Boo

Offline holdersantiques

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 23 October 19 13:59 BST (UK) »
Thank you Boo,
I will try and send her a private message... fingers crossed!!
Warmest,
Matthew

Offline holdersantiques

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 30 October 19 11:48 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your help Boo, I sent Jenna a message & it appears that she read the message but instead of replying, decided to block me from messaging her. The fact that she is imploring the unpaid help from the other forum uses to help in her tracing her ancestor & yet can't even be bothered to reply to my message doesn't paint a kind picture of her in my mind. I will sell the glass on the open market & so sadly it will be lost to the family for maybe another 280 years.
Thank you for your kindness & consideration Jenna!

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 30 October 19 13:59 GMT (UK) »
I was just browsing roostchat and stumbled upon this thread.

Firstly, welcome to rootschat Matthew. I would kill for the chance to own something like this that belonged to one of my ancestors so long ago. Engraved with name and date - wonderful!  :)

I'm curious to know how you know that Jenny has blocked you from messaging her? I did not know that rootschat had this feature. (Also, I would think that even if this was possible, that the sender would not be told that they have been blocked).

I also did not know that a sender of a message could tell that the receiver has read that Personal Message. I send PMs quite regularly and I am not notified when my messages have been read.

(I think I am hoping that Jenny has not ignored your kind offer or blocked you from contacting her as I don't understand why she would do that.  :( ).

Offline holdersantiques

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 30 October 19 14:19 GMT (UK) »
Dear Ruskie,
When I try to send her a message, I am greeted with the following message 'User 'Jennarembailey' has blocked your personal message.'

Also I didn't see that she had read it but it does show that she has been online & the fact that I was blocked from sending her a message tells me that she read it.

I contacted Jenna with the most sincere desire to reunite her with a piece of family history, if she is not interested than that is fine, a polite response however would have been nice.

Anyway, I've tried & I have other things to get on with.

Warmest,
Matthew