Author Topic: Alice Maud Neale  (Read 8832 times)

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Alice Maud Neale
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 22:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Katrina

You will find it easier ( and us ) if you do not hit "QUOTE"
Hit "REPLY" at the top ?

Also please read thru what you are entering ( type it into a doc, the read it thru, then copy to your Rootschat post ) Example? You have mentioned "1998" ?

Rootschatters will read, review, question, what you post.

We REALLY do want to help.

Ray
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline Katrina1959

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 22:25 GMT (UK) »
Forget I even asked for your help as it seems you are undermining the information I have already given in my request for your help originally, This has gone on and on and the info was already given
in my original post, I also gave you thomas and Mary Ann's Background.

Thomas Woodall married Alice Maud Neale in April 1915 as below

Thomas Woodall Spouse Surname Neale
Jun qtr 1915 Doncaster RD
Volume 9c Page 1779

They had 2 children Stanley Thomas birth 1917 and Rosanna birth 1918 Thomas was killed in action 14 Oct 1918 their daughter Rosanna died Jan 1919.
Alice M Neale is believed to have married a 2nd and 3rd time I  am related to the people mentioned in this post only

Buckley's of Madeley Shropshire, Rochdale, Oldham Cheshire, Bulkeley's of Cheshire and Beaumaris Anglesey Wales Stanton, Turner, Taylor, Peabody. Woodall, Perkin, Wadsworth, Whittaker.

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 22:33 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the reply with some clarification, Katrina.

I can understand others' puzzlement only seeing their own contributions quoted back at them, with nothing further added. 

Hopefully someone might be able to find some positive information for you, but it can sometimes be difficult when others don't have the benefit of knowing the family and their details as well as you do.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 22:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Have you investigated the following?
You have mentioned the first two.

Birth Sep 1916 Doncaster     9c    1609 Woodall     Thomas A     ( mmn Neal )

Birth Jun 1918 Doncaster     9c    1486 Woodall      Rosanna M   (mmn Neale )     

Birth Sep 1922 Doncaster     9c    1564 Woodall     John L      (mmn Neale)

Ray

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 22:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Having read some of your other posts, what certificates do you have versus other unproved sources of information?

Ray

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 22:49 GMT (UK) »
I do not have full access to 1939 census, but Stanley T Woodall is showing there with Evelyn Woodall/Field, 1909, John W B Field,1880, and someone else (Annie Field?).

Do you know who all these people are?

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 23:06 GMT (UK) »
It is clear to everybody here that you have mixed 2 different families details.   Whether you choose to accept what everybody else can see is entirely up to you but I strongly recommend you read very carefully everything that has been posted as if you continue your research using the information you are giving to us - you will be wasting your time.

please do not not confuse him with another family as I have confirmation regarding this on my famliy tree on both Ancestry and Family Search.org.

Does this confirmation take the form of his actual birth certificate?

If not  and if your main interest is Stanley then I suggest you buy a copy of his 1917 birth cert as I am confident it will show his parents as Albert and Ellen - not Thomas & Alice Maud.

As previously stated there are two marriages in 1915 of a male Woodall to a female Neale - one in Doncaster and the other in Dudley 

The Doncaster marriage produced 3 children and the Dudley marriage 2 children

Stanley T Woodall (1917) and Ronald Woodall (1919) both born Dudley are the sons of Albert Woodall and Ellen Neale who married in Dudley

Thomas A Woodall (1916) Rosanna Woodall (1918) and John L Woodall (1922) all born Doncaster are the children of Thomas Woodall and Alice Maud Neale who married in Doncaster

Thomas Woodall did not die in 1918 - he fathered a son in 1922 and died in 1937 as shown previously

There was no remarriage of Alice Maud Woodall to a Philips or a Muir - she died as Woodall in 1973 as stated previously

There is no remarriage of Ellen Woodall to either of those names

Ellen Neale was born Dudley 1888 - see freebmd
Ellen Woodall born 1888 died 1968 Dudley

Buy Stanley's birth cert
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Albert Woodall died in 1956, administration granted to his widow Ellen.  From a search of the index of the 1939 register a Stanley T Woodall b 1917 is living in Dudley with both an Albert (b 1890) and Ellen (b 1888) Woodall.

Thomas & Alice Woodall had their son Thomas baptised in the Doncaster area - Thomas senior is described as a soldier.  Looking at the free index in 1939, Thomas A Woodall b cir 1916 is in the same household as Alice M Woodall b 1891 in Adwick.

Sorry, but I'm inclined to think that there is room to doubt the connections made.  A birth certificate for Stanley is the best way to confirm his parentage. :-\

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 08 February 17 03:35 GMT (UK) »
To add to this, the Thomas Woodall who died on 14th October 1918 was definitely not the man who married Alice Maud Neale so that information is clearly wrong.

He was born in Stalybridge, Cheshire (as shown on the war graves site) and was in 1st./7th. Cheshire Regiment.

As already stated on your other thread, this Thomas did not enlist until 1916 and the reason for this is that he was only 18 when he enlisted.   Thomas was born in 1898 Stalybridge (birth reg'd in Sept.qtr.1898 Ashton under lyne which was the registration district that covered Stalybridge) and was the son of a John Woodall and wife Eve Maria.   

So, Thomas Woodall who died 14/10/1918 was only aged 20 when he died and apparently unmarried.   As shown on Ancestry in Army Register of Soldiers effects his were signed for by his sister Mary E. (who was a Mary Elizabeth Woodall, some 4 years older than him).

Whatever the ins/outs of this saga, a certain fact is that the Thomas Woodall who died 14/10/1918 was not the man who married Alice Maud Neale.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk