Author Topic: Annie Bell Wannan born 1909  (Read 9683 times)

Offline Chiad Fhear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Aye mair questions than answers!
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Bell Wannan born 1909
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 12 February 17 14:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annette

I'm sure you've seen the thread I posted (above) with part of the text of the Marriage Notice from the Monday 10 March 1952 edition of the "Courier and Advertiser" Dundee, Angus.  I can see the Register of Marriage search result on ScotlandsPeople that includes "Berte" but it certainly isn't in the newspaper copy I have.

I'll be going to the Scottish Record Office in Edinburgh later this month, and will look up the 1952 Register of Marriage, and the 2004 Death, you mention and see what connection there may be.

Chiad Fhear
Aye mair questions than answers in a world where the past was a different place - that cannae be revisited!

Family surnames being researched ...
Crawford, Neilson, Lindsay, Reekie, Davidson
Drummond, Laing, Pearson, Tulloch ... will do for starters but there's a whole lot more!

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 12 February 17 14:10 GMT (UK) »
Have asked friend - Run kitty if she might be able to look up those Rafferty in York-Scarborough.
Yes, good suggestion Annette - the marriage certificate would help us confirm parent/parents name - obviously sits very nicely with the newspaper info from 1952 -

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Chiad Fhear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 12 February 17 14:18 GMT (UK) »
I've just put a begging post on the Scotland (General) Forum asking if someone - anyone - could have a look at the Register of Marriage and let me know who her mother is listed as.

I've no plan to go to Edinburgh until later this month  :(  but (and I will admit) I can be a bit impatient  :P

Chiad Fhear
Aye mair questions than answers in a world where the past was a different place - that cannae be revisited!

Drummond, Laing, Pearson, Tulloch ... will do for starters but there's a whole lot more!

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 12 February 17 14:19 GMT (UK) »
Might be worth investing and ordering on line.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Chiad Fhear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 12 February 17 14:19 GMT (UK) »
Have asked friend - Run kitty if she might be able to look up those Rafferty in York-Scarborough.
Yes, good suggestion Annette - the marriage certificate would help us confirm parent/parents name - obviously sits very nicely with the newspaper info from 1952 -
Sandra

Just missed this as I was posting, Sandra.  Many thanks for "extending the search area" to include Run Kitty.

Chiad Fhear

Offline Chiad Fhear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 12 February 17 14:21 GMT (UK) »
Might be worth investing and ordering on line.

Sandra

Time taken for them to do it would go beyond my planned visit date  ;D

Chiad Fhear

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 12 February 17 15:05 GMT (UK) »
Very interesting thread!

A Patricia Bell Rafferty b. 5-1-1909 (w/b May 1st 1909) in Inverdovat Scotland crossed the border to the US at Detroit by train 31 Jul 1943. Unfortunately, there is no address given nor a destination but this looks like your Annie/Patricia.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

Offline Chiad Fhear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 12 February 17 15:12 GMT (UK) »
Very interesting thread!

A Patricia Bell Rafferty b. 5-1-1909 (w/b May 1st 1909) in Inverdovat Scotland crossed the border to the US at Detroit by train 31 Jul 1943. Unfortunately, there is no address given nor a destination but this looks like your Annie/Patricia
PB
Well spotted PB and nice to have you on board as well!

Following on from the names in the Marriage story, it would seem as if Annie/Patricia did get married and it's looking more and more likely that Janette was her daughter.

We're chipping away nicely at the brick wall!

Chiad Fhear

Offline Chiad Fhear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 12 February 17 15:20 GMT (UK) »
PB

Can you attach an image?

Chiad Fhear