Author Topic: Birth Record  (Read 1882 times)

Offline Darcey Burton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Record
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 09 February 17 15:07 GMT (UK) »
Is it possible her birth record not online? Someone on ancestry Have her listed with that family.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 09 February 17 16:40 GMT (UK) »
Is it possible her birth record not online? Someone on ancestry Have her listed with that family.

But do they give an exact date of birth for her?

Unfortunately it looks as though the church baptisms start in 1879 (earlier ones sent to Dublin for safekeeping but destroyed).
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Darcey Burton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 09 February 17 16:50 GMT (UK) »
No sadly =(. she died couple years before the 1939 record, so unable to get a death of birth =(.
Thank you =)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 09 February 17 23:01 GMT (UK) »
The circumstantial evidence is very good- births for other children of Edward & Sarah (father scutcher or labourer) with marriages later listing father as carpenter (as Edward's death gives carpenter as occupation).

It's possible her birth was registered but has been mis-transcribed or omitted from index. Going by the births already found the date can probably be narrowed down. Only other place that might list her is a school register- details in registers are name, enrollment date & age or birthdate, residence, father's occupation, religion. These registers are not online although PRONI have a large collection in their archives. It's not always the nearest school and often children moved from one school to another for various reasons.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Darcey Burton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 10 February 17 10:34 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for all the help  :). it's shame the school records are not online, it will be while till I'm in Belfast. I'm happy I might be able to find if this is her family via school records.