Author Topic: Alice Liddington - burial 1798-1808  (Read 853 times)

Offline Dinkydidy

• RootsChat Senior
  • When I WAS dinky.
    • View Profile
Alice Liddington - burial 1798-1808
« on: Saturday 11 February 17 04:38 GMT (UK) »
Alice (Allis) Ackley married Isaac Lidington (both of Brokenborough) at Charlton in 1781 and they had a number of children christened at Brokenborough up to 1798.

In August 1808 an Isaac Lydington, widower, of Brokenborough, marries Sarah Livall in Shipton Moyne, Glos.

I am looking at the likelihood of this being the same Isaac, but need to establish the death of his first wife Alice. Some years ago, before I found the 1808 marriage, a kind Rootschatter searched part of this period, but I'm hoping there may be an earlier entry.

Didy

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Alice Liddington - burial 1798-1808
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 February 17 06:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Didy,

I haven't found any burials for Alice (Allis) Lidington  using Ancy... , Familysearch.org or  the CDs I have from the WiltsFHS.

I have found the following, which you may already have, but incase you don't;
Brokenborough - bur.
12-6-1827 Isaac Lydington (aged 73)

Malmesbury - Bapt.
6-4-1755 Isaac Lidington (s/o John & Mary)

These entries tie-in nicely to the dates above and with his marriage in 1781.

Looking at Phillimores marriage records for Shipton Moyne in 1808 I would say its a certainty
that were talking about the same Isaac.

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline Dinkydidy

• RootsChat Senior
  • When I WAS dinky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 February 17 12:20 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for your efforts Alan. It's been a little complicated because this Isaac had a son Isaac, christened in 1787, whom I originally thought was most likely the father of my 4th gt-grandmother Martha. South Australian records showed that she was born in 1812 in Wiltshire, and I have her christening at Brokenborough to parents Isaac and Sarah.

Having established that Isaac junior (1787) married and settled with his large family in Churchdown, Glos., where his family did include a slightly younger Martha, I had to have another look at Isaac senior (1755). It only works if his first wife Alice had died, but that may be difficult to prove. He must also have been a healthy specimen, who would have been 63 when the third and last child was born to him and Sarah in 1818.

An earlier searcher had given me a burial date of 12 June 1828 for Isaac senior, which is a year later than the one you have quoted. Would it be possible for you to double-check that for me? It's not on Ancy, and your 1827 makes Sarah's remarriage in October 1828 look a little less hasty.

Kind regards,
Didy

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 February 17 12:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Didy,

I can confirm that Isaac Lydington was buried 12-6-1827 per the Wilts Parish Registers (CMB 34 v.1.2)  on CD from the WiltsFHS.

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline Dinkydidy

• RootsChat Senior
  • When I WAS dinky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 11 February 17 21:44 GMT (UK) »
Thank you again Alan. I appreciate that very much.

Didy