Author Topic: Looking for info on Thomas Adamson and Margaret Sullivan  (Read 445 times)

Offline debbie denadmirant

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for info on Thomas Adamson and Margaret Sullivan
« on: Sunday 12 February 17 18:50 GMT (UK) »
Searching for marriage cert for Thomas Adamson and Margaret Sullivan who lived in Collingwood Ont area. I think they would have been married approx 1868-1870. Margaret Roman Catholic and Thomas Presbwoodyterian. They married in Collingwood area. Also looking for Thomas grave site. He died 1889 in Collingwood.

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for info on Thomas Adamson and Margaret Sullivan
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 February 17 06:12 GMT (UK) »
Statutory registration for marriages in Ontario didn't begin until 1869 and were spotty at best in the beginning.

You might want to check with the Collingwood Library:
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01jh3/

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 February 17 16:57 GMT (UK) »
And the Catholics were woefully negligent in having their marriages recorded civilly ... a parish record was good enough for them and they didn't see the reason to have to do it twice.

Offline debbie denadmirant

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 24 February 17 19:32 GMT (UK) »
Thank-you. I have checked with Collingwood Library we made a trip to Collingwood last Fall and they have no record on file for the marriage. However today I contacted St Marys Catholic church in Collingwood and hopefully they will look back in their records. Should they have info for me maybe this will confirm Thomas Adamsons parents. Still looking for his burial site. I appreciate you both trying to help. Debbie :)