Author Topic: Dunfermline Street  (Read 1944 times)

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
Re: Dunfermline Street
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 18 February 17 03:29 GMT (UK) »
Findmypast also have the surname as Wansen and they give the address as Reform Street. They also have Marrion (female) age 3, not Morrison.
Using the free index on Scotlandspeople they appear as Wanson. SP also has Marrion as the three year old. I think you will really need to have a look at the original on SP to be sure of both the surname and the census address.
Isobel
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline davaar36

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 20 February 17 21:19 GMT (UK) »
I attach an image of the unknown text along with "Reform Street" for comparison. I an't decipher it. Can't find any likely streetname in the list of streets in 1871 Census for Dunfermline nor in Pitcairn's "... Old Fitpaths and Streets of Dunfermline".
Dod

Offline WMO

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 21 February 17 10:58 GMT (UK) »
Since it is on the line for entry 99 which has been scored through and has no people associated with it, might it be 'Removed'?

Regards,
Bill

Offline Chiad Fhear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Aye mair questions than answers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 26 February 17 12:36 GMT (UK) »
I attach an image of the unknown text along with "Reform Street" for comparison. I can't decipher it. Can't find any likely streetname in the list of streets in 1871 Census for Dunfermline nor in Pitcairn's "... Old Fitpaths and Streets of Dunfermline".
Dod

Dod, thanks for putting the image here.  I was holding off for my next visit to SP in a couple of weeks time, but you've beat me to it  ;)

I can now see where Bill "is coming from" with his resulting interpretation.  Does seem a bit of an oddity though, but I'm happy to close this thread now.

Thanks to all for their input.  RootsChatters come up trumps again  :)

Chiad Fhear
Aye mair questions than answers in a world where the past was a different place - that cannae be revisited!

Family surnames being researched ...
Crawford, Neilson, Lindsay, Reekie, Davidson
Drummond, Laing, Pearson, Tulloch ... will do for starters but there's a whole lot more!

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk