Author Topic: Eirwen May Paul  (Read 3688 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Eirwen May Paul
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 15 March 17 17:01 GMT (UK) »
Well done avm228 for finding that Eirwen M Keen birth  ;D   ;D
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 15 March 17 17:46 GMT (UK) »
Well done avm228 for finding that Eirwen M Keen birth  ;D   ;D

:) Rosie - so glad she's a match!

I'd recommend Tineke look for John and Elizabeth (Lizzie) Keen in 1911 and see how their address compares with those known for the Paul family later on. (Does the 1918 birth certificate show a Clarence St address?). 

The free 1911 index suggests the Keen couple are in that area, both aged 21, and also that there is a Jones family in the close vicinity - perhaps they are related to Elizabeth.

FreeBMD shows Keen/Jones births in Pontypridd right up to 1924, suggesting (if they are all of the same family) that the marriage lasted till then.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 15 March 17 17:55 GMT (UK) »
I wonder what the 1926 marriage says about John Williams marital status ie Widowed/Divorced/Bachelor

Online Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 18 March 17 17:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi, don't know if any help..

Another researcher of same family, says at least 4 children born to couple. Eirwen is not included. Maybe contact if email still viable could shed some light on what happened to Elizabeth.

http://www.welshcoalmines.co.uk/forum/read.php?6,36620,36792

There is a possible death for namesake in area in 1977.  Also on 1939 in same locality but further up the valley. The dob is a few years out from the possible, but likely 1911, so just a possible to keep on file until proven.

Cas
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Squire/Thomas/Davies/Gibbons/Mordecai/Bowen/Lewis/Rees/Williams/Jones/Llewellyn/Morgan - Glamorgan
Lewis - Breckonshire
Davies/Roderick - Myddfai Carms
Lloyd/Jones - Denbigh/Salop
Thackwell/Thomas - Hereford/Monmouthshire
Shoemac/Squire/Keirle/Small - Somerset
Berry/Baggot/Lee/Clayton - Lancs
Yelland/Bray/Trethewey - Cornwall
Baggot/Hurley/Keaveny/Shiel/Flynn - Ireland

Offline Tineke

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 07:22 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks to all who have contributed in my search for Eirwen May Paul. .I contacted Pontypridd Library and a wonderful librarian searched all the records including electoral rolls and answered all the questions .Elizabeth Ann Keen   nee Jones was Eirwens mother and was with Eirwen for at least her first 2 years .At some point later she moved on and Gwenllian Paul became her stepmother .
         All the help given is greatly appreciated.
        Thanks again. Tineke

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 07:30 GMT (UK) »
I am pleased to hear that Pontypridd library were so helpful and able to answer your questions.  It is good that the mystery around Eirwen has been solved  ;D

Rosie

Offline Simon G.

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 23 April 17 11:15 BST (UK) »
Speaking as the "wonderful librarian" at Pontypridd, I thank you for your praise and must say it was a pleasure to be able to help. :)  Really means a lot to see the praise.

Just thought I should clarify a point made earlier in the thread about Treorchy Library, though.  The reference department there is still open to the public and is manned several days a week and the resources for the Rhondda are still based there.  The caveat is, though, that the three reference libraries in RCT (i.e. Treorchy, Pontypridd & Aberdare) are not manned every day, so would suggest you either email or telephone to make an appointment if you want to visit when there's a reference librarian on site.
Currently engaging in a one-name study of the Twyman surname.

Golding, Twyman, Kennard, Wales (Kent).
Berks, Challinor (Staffordshire).
Wakely. (Glam & Monmouth).

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 23 April 17 12:48 BST (UK) »
Speaking as the "wonderful librarian" at Pontypridd, I thank you for your praise and must say it was a pleasure to be able to help. :)  Really means a lot to see the praise.

Small world  :)
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Online Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 23 April 17 14:15 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the clarification Simon, I only ever used Treorchy, thought it was now closed, It is good to know.

Thank you to all library staff and all the wonderful support you give FH researchers. I remember Anthony was a gem when based in Treorchy FH library. Wonder if he is still with RCT?

Very much appreciated and thanks again for all RCT library reference staff efforts, particularly in FH  :)

Cas
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Squire/Thomas/Davies/Gibbons/Mordecai/Bowen/Lewis/Rees/Williams/Jones/Llewellyn/Morgan - Glamorgan
Lewis - Breckonshire
Davies/Roderick - Myddfai Carms
Lloyd/Jones - Denbigh/Salop
Thackwell/Thomas - Hereford/Monmouthshire
Shoemac/Squire/Keirle/Small - Somerset
Berry/Baggot/Lee/Clayton - Lancs
Yelland/Bray/Trethewey - Cornwall
Baggot/Hurley/Keaveny/Shiel/Flynn - Ireland