Author Topic: Harrold families of Welford, Northants and Olney  (Read 1526 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Harrold families of Welford, Northants and Olney
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 February 17 13:11 GMT (UK) »
Do you have this?

MARRIAGE;
St Mary the Virgin, Welford
RICHARD Harrold to Elizabeth PATCH, 04 Feb 1747/48
Note; At Winick
Entry also at Winwick, 18 Feb 1747/48, both of Welford, Note;Elizabeths surname could be Batch
A Richard Harrald also witnessed Marriages Welford 1756/1760/1770

(Source FreeREG)

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Online TonyV

• RootsChat Senior
  • Expect the unexpected (I forgot to!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 28 February 17 23:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trish

Thank you for that link. Richard and Elizabeth are indeed part of the clan I am looking into. As coincidence would have it I found the same record just a few days ago on another site. I'd forgotten that FreeReg might also have it these days. I'll have to renew my acquaintance with the project.

This couple found there way to Olney and Richard became the miller there. It seems that the Harrold family spread around parts of Northamptonshire, usually in the milling business, and also round Olney in Bucks. Some of the family became quite wealthy and I'd love to discover whether it was simply by hard work and prudence or whether an inheritance played a part somewhere. I'm not gold-digging here because I know that my wife's branch were of modest if not poor means, so any money they had was long since dissipated by the early 20th century.

Thanks for your interest

Tony

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 01 March 17 07:21 GMT (UK) »
Your welcome Tony :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)