Author Topic: Can anyone read this?  (Read 4237 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone read this?
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 23 February 17 15:24 GMT (UK) »
It's a bit tricker than that.
When you have a page of the register open, look at it's web address, it will end in a load of numbers by changing the end of the number you can move up and down through the pages.
I'll just find one one in question and show you in case that isn't clear.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 23 February 17 15:34 GMT (UK) »
Timothy's page
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1907/01688/1670738.pdf
ends in 38
Change the 8 to 9 making sure not to lose the .pdf hit enter and the next page should load
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1907/01688/1670739.pdf
Not easy on touch devices, you really need to use a PC.
This will only work for some many pages as the early numbers in the address' change as you move from one Reg district to the next but think I got a good bit into the 40s with this set.

This works on lots of .pdf image results, I use it a good bit on the Applotment books on the National Archives site.

Offline pet50ite

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 23 February 17 15:48 GMT (UK) »
Oops. I should have learned by now that it is never a good idea to read or reply to anything when I have one foot out the door, on my way to work and still half asleep ;D Still, I did learn a new word that might come in handy in the future
cowan, sinnott, duffy, addi, conlon, halpin, (dublin) dowling, mcdonald, donnelly (dublin, newcastle upon tyne and tyrone)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 23 February 17 16:03 GMT (UK) »
Oops. I should have learned by now that it is never a good idea to read or reply to anything when I have one foot out the door, on my way to work and still half asleep ;D Still, I did learn a new word that might come in handy in the future

We all do that, and never learn.
New word for me too.

Offline Celticcrafter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 23 February 17 16:30 GMT (UK) »

I think its called OAAS Obsessive Ancestry Answers Syndrome.  If we could communicate in our sleep I think we would be doing that as well LOL. 
CC
O'Farrell (Dublin) & (Westmeath) - Leonard (Dublin) - Duggan (Dublin) - Nolan (Dublin) & (Kildare) - May (Dublin) & (Manchester) - Griffin (Limerick) & (Dublin) - Doody (Dublin)- Doran (Dublin) - Flatherty (Dublin) - Ryan  - Dunne - Malone - Healy -

Offline Celticcrafter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 23 February 17 16:34 GMT (UK) »
Timothy's page
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1907/01688/1670738.pdf
ends in 38
Change the 8 to 9 making sure not to lose the .pdf hit enter and the next page should load
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1907/01688/1670739.pdf
Not easy on touch devices, you really need to use a PC.
This will only work for some many pages as the early numbers in the address' change as you move from one Reg district to the next but think I got a good bit into the 40s with this set.

This works on lots of .pdf image results, I use it a good bit on the Applotment books on the National Archives site.

I am opening in Adobe do I need to open in something else to get the web page info.

CC
O'Farrell (Dublin) & (Westmeath) - Leonard (Dublin) - Duggan (Dublin) - Nolan (Dublin) & (Kildare) - May (Dublin) & (Manchester) - Griffin (Limerick) & (Dublin) - Doody (Dublin)- Doran (Dublin) - Flatherty (Dublin) - Ryan  - Dunne - Malone - Healy -

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 23 February 17 16:48 GMT (UK) »
I'm a bit stumped by that question. I'm out of my comfort zone now.
If your opening it from the IrishGenealogy website, which in turn opens it in Adobe, I think you should be alright.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 23 February 17 16:53 GMT (UK) »

I think its called OAAS Obsessive Ancestry Answers Syndrome.  If we could communicate in our sleep I think we would be doing that as well LOL. 
CC

What a relief to have a name on our disorder, is there a support group?

Offline Celticcrafter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 23 February 17 17:22 GMT (UK) »

CC

What a relief to have a name on our disorder, is there a support group?

Yes it's you, me and Pet50ite.  Maybe we should start a thread and see how many respond LOL.

I'll let you know how I get on opening those pages.

CC