Author Topic: Mary Pope Born January 1809 Coldridge, Devon, U.K  (Read 2587 times)

Offline mcadamsd

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Pope Born January 1809 Coldridge, Devon, U.K
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 26 February 17 13:48 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for the detailed replies.  Much to examine!
Dunbar, Clark,Bain, Lipp, Campbell, Pope, Barnard, Handcock, McAdams,Creath

Offline SJCA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 10 May 17 01:07 BST (UK) »
I grew up in the Dickey house/farm in Dorchester, ON.  And, I wrote a story for the Dorchester Heritage Project book re the Dickey family.

Someone contacted me re the Dickey/Brickley (??) surname and I did find some info.

Happy to share what I know.

I lnow ive across from the Dorchester Union Cemetery in Dorchester, ON.

Lynn

Offline mcadamsd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 10 June 19 21:04 BST (UK) »
In following a slightly differnt branch I find a marriage of a William Hunt, born about 1836-37 in England  to a Dorothy Young born about 1843 (Canada or England depending on record)

They married in North Dorchester, Middlesex, Ontario 24 Nov 1869.  Parents listed as John and Mary Hunt.

1871 Canada Census seems to have William and Dorothy farming with a Robert and Margaret Hunt in North Dorchester.   Robert and Margaret have a son William and that seems to match Robert Hunt, son of Mary Pope and John hunt in title of search.  Robert's wife Margaret was Margaret Young 1846-1922 sister of Dorothy Young born about 1843 so families were connected.  Also seems common that brothers from one family married sisters from another family.  There is also a Catherine Young with the two Hunt families which seems to Catherine Young birth about 1849

Have I missed a son William born England 1836-37?  I have a sibling born about 1836 and then a gap to 1841.

Have been unable to find a death to confirm parents of William are John Hunt and Mary Pope or a birth or baptism in England that fits

Dunbar, Clark,Bain, Lipp, Campbell, Pope, Barnard, Handcock, McAdams,Creath